Access website from only 1 computer...?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website membership from on their computer. He's afraid that the users might share their login's with their colleagues, in which, he loses money. I don't want to base this off of IP's as it's not reliable enough. Is there anything in which I can do to achieve this? Or am I going to have to tell him we have to scrap that idea.

In case it was a little weird to follow along here's an example.

A user comes to the website and buys a membership. He logs in and the membership is set so that they can only log in from that computer. If he attempts to login from another computer, it will flag that account, in which the user has 3 warnings, and then their username is removed.

Sounds like a longshot but i figured I'd ask before I ruled it out. Thanks for any help.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
134 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Function
How can I make this function that once you click the link in the code it takes you to a new page wit

Navigation include for all site directories
Hi,

I need a navigation include that can deal with directories at different levels on a site.

Oracle Text CTX_DOC.snippet slow
I have a table (FILE_TABLE) that contains a blob column (ft_file) and I have created the following O

how to easy edit text, with box? Help.
Hi.
I have a little problem. I'm doing a webpage for my aunt and I would like to make it as easy

j1inmis Ouput layout changes
Hi,

Can anybody tell how can j1inmis output layout can be changed so that vendor names ge

Is there a more efficient way to code this than what I have?
I have three associative arrays.

$combinedSettings
$userSettings
$defaultSettings

How to use Substr
I want to check for the word CATEGORY: inside a string which can be CATEGORY: ITEM
and remove the

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

Passing Arguments to execlp()
I'm writing a program that mimics a unix shell. It's supposed to take commands with arguments and ex

Passing an array of values From VB6.0 to Oracle PL/SQL Function
Basically we are using VB6.0.

When we try to pass an array from VB6.0 to an Oracle PL/SQL

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash