Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two databases, publications_db (pub_id, title, author, yr, journal, num_pages) and activity_db(member_id,pub_id,date). Basically, when a user is logged in, I want to have an option for them to view the publications they have submitted to the publication database.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
In pseudocode, I want to display * from publications_db where the session_id (currently logged in user) matches the activity_db.member id AND activity_db.pub_id matches publications_db.pub_id

Below is the code I was writing although I am sure it is completely off because I am quite new to this stuff! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote$dbhost="localhost";
$dbuser="****";
$dbpass="***";
$dbname1="publications_db";
$dbname2="activity_db";
$db1=mssql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass);
mssql_select_db($dbname1,$db1);
mssql_select_db($dbname2,$db1);

$query="SELECT * FROM publications_db P, activity_db A WHERE $_SESSION['SESS_MEMBER_ID'] = A.member_id AND A.pub_id = P.pub_id;";

echo "<table border cellpadding=2>";

while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $query ))
{
echo "<tr>";
echo "<th>ID:</th><td>".$info['pub_id'] . "</td> ";
echo "<th>Title:</th> <td>".$info['title'] . " </td>";
echo "<th>Author:</th> <td>".$info['author'] . " </td>";
echo "<th>Year:</th> <td>".$info['yr'] . " </td>";
echo "<th>Journal:</th> <td>".$info['journal'] . " </td>";
echo "<th>Pages:</th> <td>".$info['num_pages'] . " </td></tr>";

}

echo "</table>
";
echo "$count_entry Total Entries";

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
132 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

session checking in page load
hai all I have a web site is www.Mryas.com in this my login page is Page1.aspx its co

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

Switch letters in message (basic cryptology)...
I am trying to switch letters around in a message for an application on my site (see here). The prob

How to have a log of all the status a VIM document had been ?
Hi guys,

I’m using SAP Invoice Management plugin and the /OPT/VIM_ANALYTICS transa

user validation always displaying invalid ? please help
Hello,

I have 2 accounts and there is a field in mysql called validated it can be either &quo

Why Are These Functions Causing MASSIVE Memory Problems? Please Help!
Hi,

I have a script with some options.

I use regex to replace patterns in strings, but

Upload Code Help
Hi everyone I need some help with a bit of code ive been working with for a while. I am completely s

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

Multiple upload and Resize
I would like some help on my script I have the for my index.php

////

<html&

php ajax - two drop down list with a submit button
i have created a form with 2 drop-down list and a submit button. I would like to know how to pass th

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash