Select question

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

First I would like to say that php is pretty new for me..
so please don't shoot me if this should be a stupid question!

But I'm a little surpized due to following..

I have a search script (very large mysql db) which is working pretty fast for searching!
I'm using following querry:
Code: $q="SELECT `url`,`caption`, `type`,`fsize`, MATCH (caption) AGAINST ('$kwd2') as score,`source`, `lastcheck`, `dateadded`, `desc`, `media`, `filename`, `sname`, `rating`, `stream`, `id` FROM `v2links` WHERE MATCH (caption) AGAINST ('$kwd2')$stype $fxtype $fxmedia $fsort LIMIT $start,$search_count";sample: http://www.filemirrors.info

Now I would like to display the 30 latest records using following querry:
Code: $q="SELECT `url`,`caption`, `type`, `id`,`fsize`,`source`, `lastcheck`, `dateadded`, `desc`, `media`, `filename`, `sname`, `rating`, `stream`, `id` FROM `v2links` Where checked=1 $stype $fxtype $fxmedia $fsort LIMIT 30";sample: http://www.filemirrors.info/latest.html

Now it seems to take much more time (3x) to display the last 30 records then when using the searchbox and enter a keyword...

I thought a simple select should be going faster then match against a keyword?
Is there an explenation for this or am I missing something?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
275 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

problems with contact forms that are only protected against SQL injections
What could be a potential problem with contact forms that are only protected against SQL injections

Get content from table into a list, without repeating.
Alright this is kinda an odd thing, so I need some help.

I have a table "quote" wit

Dealing with code in db query
I am dealing with C code and I need to make sure it is encoded some how to ensure its integrity and

How to use Ajax to verify data on a DB ?
Hello everyone, well i want to know how to check a value if it exists or not on a Data base and capt

limitations on array_unique()
Does any one know what/how imitations are applied to array_unique? I have an issue where no matter h

Request-URI Too Large
I have created a simple submit form for a mysql database that puts a piece of code into database.<

Strange php code found on my website
I got hacked and the following code was placed within my files:

Code: [Select]<?
/*

parameter passing issue on function
Well I thought I had created a pretty slick web page, using ?page and $_GET to load pages which wher

DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers headache
http://php.net/manual/en/datetimezone.listidentifiers.php

So the documentation states tha

tell csv import script to ignore blank rows?
Hi i have the below script but i get an error if a row is blank ie a return in the csv file at the e

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash