Select question


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

First I would like to say that php is pretty new for me..
so please don't shoot me if this should be a stupid question!
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

But I'm a little surpized due to following..

I have a search script (very large mysql db) which is working pretty fast for searching!
I'm using following querry:
Code: $q="SELECT `url`,`caption`, `type`,`fsize`, MATCH (caption) AGAINST ('$kwd2') as score,`source`, `lastcheck`, `dateadded`, `desc`, `media`, `filename`, `sname`, `rating`, `stream`, `id` FROM `v2links` WHERE MATCH (caption) AGAINST ('$kwd2')$stype $fxtype $fxmedia $fsort LIMIT $start,$search_count";sample: http://www.filemirrors.info

Now I would like to display the 30 latest records using following querry:
Code: $q="SELECT `url`,`caption`, `type`, `id`,`fsize`,`source`, `lastcheck`, `dateadded`, `desc`, `media`, `filename`, `sname`, `rating`, `stream`, `id` FROM `v2links` Where checked=1 $stype $fxtype $fxmedia $fsort LIMIT 30";sample: http://www.filemirrors.info/latest.html

Now it seems to take much more time (3x) to display the last 30 records then when using the searchbox and enter a keyword...

I thought a simple select should be going faster then match against a keyword?
Is there an explenation for this or am I missing something?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
275 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

displaying email without attracting a ton of spam
Hello,

this is maybe the wrong place to ask.
How would you display an email address on a w

dinamic "textboxes"?
Ey all, my first post here, i hope its not a hard one

I display mysql results in a table

Help with php code
Hello, can anyone tell me why this php word trap fails to work,
and the trigger words get blow r

Sum of Values in an Array
This is probably really simple... but it's been years since I've written anything, so bare with me!<

Having Problem with Date
l have a submit buttom where user have the possibility to add a date to specify when his message s

Why will this program not run if the variables are not global?
Hey guys I have a kind of perplexing situation that is probably simple, but I can't seem to understa

On page view, minus credit
Hello all, please, I need a little help with this script. I am charging one credit (credits can be p

Retail terminologys not been altered after activing Retail System
Hi, All

After I active Retail System via TCode SWF5, the terms does not been changed, th

how to get values from $_Post with onchange="form.submit();"?
Hi, I have a form that submit to itself with a file upload field and two other hidden field values.<

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash