Streaming local file from PHP while it’s been written to by a CURL process


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am creating a simple Proxy server for my website. Why I am not using mod_proxy and mod_cache is a different discussion. Here's the code:

shell_exec("nohup curl --create-dirs -o {$write_path} {$source_url} > /dev/null 2> /dev/null & echo $!");
sleep(1);
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

$read_speed = 65.5; # 65.5 kb/s download rate
$handle = fopen($write_path, "rb");

$content_type = select_meta_item($headers, 'Content-Type');
$file_size = select_meta_item($headers, 'Content-Length');
send_headers($content_type, $file_size);
flush();

while (!feof($handle))
{
echo fread($handle, round($read_speed * 1024));
flush();
sleep(1);
}

fclose($handle);
Streaming an MP3 doesn't work using this method. Plays in Chrome, but not in Firefox. Initially I'll be using this to stream MP3 files through Long Tail's JW Player. If it all works out, I'll also be using this to send ZIP files
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
142 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons
I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP.

updating a single value to multiple non consecutive rows
I need to update the same value to multiple non consecutive rows. I need to add an experation date t

Need help/w Page: 1,2,3,4 function!
So I have this code im working on where it's ment to display seperate pages having 20 logs each
I

Error with Font and imagettfbbox
I keep getting an error that says "Warning: imagettfbbox() [function.imagettfbbox]: Could not f

update 2 columns by doing inner 2-column query
Hi,
is something like this possible?

update contract_all set col1,col2 =
(

Greek characters in php
Hi,

I'm making a script and I m using for first time greek characters.
I started to write

Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form
Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authenticat

Session problem?!?
Hello All! I am very new to the php world but I am working on fixing things that a previous programm

How to read CSS message data
Hi,
I have a requirement here. When working as a Dev angel for multiple customers its really di

Echo-ing MySQL content and Keep Formatting?
I have data in my MySQL such as:

QuoteBlah blah

Blah blah

etc
but when i ech

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash