Filename and Line Number Custom Error


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a class, with a method that accepts 2 parameters. I would like to output error messages.

So, lets say a new file is created, and my class is used in that file. We will call that file test.php lets say they use this method with two parameters on line 105 but... they forget to add the second parameter. I currently display this message:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
print("<p><b>Warning:</b> Class <b>" . __class__ . "</b> requires 2 parameters, 1 given.</p>");

Warning: Class ClassName requires 2 parameters, 1 given.

I would like to change it to also include the file name and the line number, so the final result would look like this:

Warning: Class ClassName requires 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/user/www/test.php on line 105.

How can I get the file name and line number from within the class? Is it possible?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
325 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array
Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm lear

Accessing element of object array
Hello

My object looks like this:


Array ( [0] => User Object ( [id] =>

Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form
Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authenticat

Count of reciepients in php mailer
How can i sent a mail to large no of reciepients say 10,00,00 Using PHP MAILER

Is this Safe or Unsafe?
Hi i made a few pages with lots of peoples help now i just want to know if they are safe or not can

Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons
I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP.

Javascript using window.location seems to lose state
Not sure what forum so let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I have a main window with a ajax grid

help connecting a form to php and then emailing the form
Ok. So, I made a form, and I need help to where when submitted, I get an email with the submitted de

Will this protect from mysql injection?
I do not want anything like DROP TABLE to work or any type of coding..

Heres my code.. is it

How to convert this array to string
I am having problems converting this array to a string
using print_r($val[1]); I get:
Code: [

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash