simplexml and xpath - Need some help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I am trying to parse an xml which comes back from Amazon and I am trying to know how many Browsenodes are shown within the XML.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I am using the classs Tarzan to get the xml from Amazon and the returned data is automatically placed into simplexml.

So currently I have this script

Code: $nodeinfo = $pas->browse_node_lookup($node);

$xmlNode = $nodeinfo ->body->BrowseNodes->BrowseNode->xpath('/Ancestors');
$nodeCount = count ( $xmlNode );
if($nodeCount){
echo "NodeCount".$nodeCount."n";
}
The $nodeinfo holds the following xml structure and I am only showing the part for the Nodes
Code: [BrowseNodes] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[Request] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[IsValid] => True
[BrowseNodeLookupRequest] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 16197
)

)

[BrowseNode] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 16197
[Name] => Epic
[Ancestors] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNode] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 16190
[Name] => Fantasy
[Ancestors] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNode] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 25
[Name] => Science Fiction & Fantasy
[Ancestors] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNode] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 1000
[Name] => Subjects
[IsCategoryRoot] => 1
[Ancestors] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNode] => SimpleXMLElement Object
(
[BrowseNodeId] => 283155
[Name] => Books

with the Xpath I am trying to get the number how often "Ancestors" is shown. With this count I am able to goto my next programming script.

With my script this is not working, it always gives me a 1.

Is there a better way then how I have tried to solve it to count the Ancesters node?

Is there also a way how to read the Nodes backway to front? Amazon gives the Structure of an item from the lowest group to the highest.

I am kind of new with Simplexml and would really need some help.

Hope some one can help me out.

Best regards
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
214 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Using loop to count number of entries
I'm writing a program that must ask user to type in numbers. After each entry, the program has to re

Data Function is Its Not working IN IE8
This is my first time to use formums. I hope i can get solution for this problem. view plaincopy to

Strange Oracle Query problem
Ok So I have this PHP class that talks to a Javascript class that basically creates a table of infor

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

paginate search result
Hi, I have a paginations script to display data from my database but i would like to paginate someon

php mail form text wont appear / javascript included
Guys/gals...

I am running into a problem whereby I have a great piece of javascript code that

Php - mysql store data and use it later?
Hi, i' making a login page at the moment, however my username + password is stored many different pl

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

Help With editting and deleting form
Hallo !!

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.pn

getting a website's source code as a variable? How?
Hey guys, is there any way for me to get the source code of a website as a variable for me to work w

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash