The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environment, I receive the following error, can you help? --------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 7: using System.Web;
Line 8: using System.Web.Configuration;
Line 9: using System.ServiceModel.Syndication;
Line 10:
Line 11: ///

Source File: c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs Line: 9

------

A compilation error has occurred.
10/21/2009 12:41:46 AM
10/21/2009 6:41:46 AM
5b8c8a7bdc004b6c98dec8bddfba92bd
/LM/W3SVC/28/ROOT-22-129005809056781079
Full
/
C:HostingSpaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwroot
SOFTSERV7

w3wp.exe
NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE
HttpCompileException
c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs(9): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
http://xxxxx.com/default.aspx
/default.aspx

False

False
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
295 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Most basic form question ever?
Hello,

I want to use this snippet to make sure the fields in a form are ok before processing

if statements problems
Hi. I'm trying to make a web form, but I kind of hit a dead end trying to figure out why it doesn't

Redirect not working after making a POST/GET
Hi Everyone,

I am a novice in PHP. Here I have 2 pages, one page with a textbox and button an

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

Deleting Partners on the Customer Master.
Does SAP handle removing the Partner from Open Sales Orders when a Partner is deleted in the Custome

$_POST
Hi, I have 2 seperate php files, and i want my $_POSt["fname"] To go into both of them, Fo

Form File Upload
I've read through tons of resources and tutorials and as far as I can tell, my code is accurate, but

simple ping code
been searchin the site/web and found code thats simple but doesnt work.

I have a personal we

PHP mail() rejected by SMTP
I'm currently working on a newsletter application which is installed on a windows 2003 server runnin

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash