The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environment, I receive the following error, can you help? --------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 7: using System.Web;
Line 8: using System.Web.Configuration;
Line 9: using System.ServiceModel.Syndication;
Line 10:
Line 11: ///

Source File: c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs Line: 9

------

A compilation error has occurred.
10/21/2009 12:41:46 AM
10/21/2009 6:41:46 AM
5b8c8a7bdc004b6c98dec8bddfba92bd
/LM/W3SVC/28/ROOT-22-129005809056781079
Full
/
C:HostingSpaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwroot
SOFTSERV7

w3wp.exe
NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE
HttpCompileException
c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs(9): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
http://xxxxx.com/default.aspx
/default.aspx

False

False
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
295 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Multidimensional array problems in $_POST
I'm having trouble with a three-dimensional $_POST array. It starts as a two-dimensional array on th

WELCOME SCREEN
first of all let me tell you what does my script do,

it´s a very simple query to show a e

what does this mean? +=
is anyone able to explain what this code is saying?

i had it written for me awhile back and n

present value of sequence?
Hi

Please help me to find out the present value of sequence?

Thanks

some query on multilingual website
Hi all,

Which is the simplest and easiest method to make a website multilingual,
is it put

error help - Dynamic Image
I've been working on making my site less cluttered in the directories and more secure lately. In an

add to sql result
ok see rite now my sites hit counter is counted from the mysql visitor log i need to clear it aft

Values disappear from my array :( HELP!
hey all, I have a lil mysql/php/apache script that queries a database
and pulls put 5 integers.

Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas
Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added t

Why is the logic of this simple code not working?
Hey, I'm trying to determine if a table already exists in mysql, but doing a query first with mysql_

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash