Track downloads' status


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I need to make somehow, some system, to track whether downloads are completed or failed. I tried to make this via php.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Tried to limit the connection speed for smaller downloads (to have the time to detect a cancel) (+ ignore_user_abort(true)) in a while where i also checked the connection_status.

/* dl headers */
ignore_user_abort(true);
while(feof($f))
{
echo fread($f,5*1024); /* 5 kb/s */
flush();
sleep(1);
if (connection_status()!=0)
exit();
}
/* track after the download */

Well it doesn't work because the browsers are waiting for script execution to end before popping-up the download dialog. So the users waits like 20-30 seconds, then the download dialog pops, and instantly saves the file.

So, probably the only solution is something to intermediate the download. If you know some Java/../.. component which can do this (no matter free or payed) would be nice.

Or maybe, somebody knows a way to do this from php.


Thank you
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
160 Like 13 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Session variable help
I'm having a very troubling issue. Maybe I'm just looking over something but I have looked at the co

Help on query replacing the date
Hi Pals,

i want to replace the current date in a column to some value say C or D or any n

WS-Security PL/SQL Forms
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Prod
PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - P

UDP server recvfrom() always returns -1? :(
Hello all,
I am getting a very strange error in my code :( I am writing a server application in C

How to assign a textbox value to PHP variable??
Hi ! Can any one help me out as quickly as possible. As I m new to PHP.
Plz tell me how to assign

The control with ID 'ace' requires a ScriptManager on the page
I'm trying to add a simple AlwaysVisibleControlExtender to my page, but it's not working. I get the

help with database debug pls
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/content/m/e/s/mesick/html/students/05/php/chec

Mastering Regular Expressions, Third Edition, is available.
The Third Edition of Mastering Regular Expressions is available.

QuoteThis third edition is 5

Coefficient of a Restitution Hints
Hello. I was wondering if anyone can give me hints on how to write this program...

The coeffi

What am I missing here? Help!
Hello all!. I can't seem to get this working right. Well - it renders right, but something is goin

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash