same querie, or a new one??


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

I'm still working on this drop down list. I've got the actual drop down list to work (call all the "pname"s from the table, and I've even found how to print the result once you press submit.... However...

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
What I need for this to do is once pname has been selected and submitted, I want the information linked to the pname in other tables to also display...

SO the question is: Do i add the other information I need into the original query, or will it be easier to do another one?? And if the latter, how and where??

Thanks

Gem

Code: <?php

$conn = mysql_connect("CNX") or trigger_error("SQL", E_USER_ERROR);
$db = mysql_select_db('bssql',$conn) or trigger_error("SQL", E_USER_ERROR);

$sql="SELECT pname FROM pname ORDER BY pname";
$result=mysql_query($sql);

$options="";

while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

$id=$row["pname"];
$thing=$row["pname"];
$options.="<OPTION VALUE="$id">".$thing.'</option>';
}


?>


<html>
<body>

<FORM action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="get">
<SELECT NAME=pname>
<OPTION VALUE=0>Choose
<?=$options?>
</SELECT>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
</FORM>

<?php

if(isset($_GET['submit'])){
print stripslashes($_GET['pname']);

}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
232 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php libs/ browsercap.in
ok i have a host that refuses to stay current. they control my php settings and libs. is there a way

Mastering Regular Expressions, Third Edition, is available.
The Third Edition of Mastering Regular Expressions is available.

QuoteThis third edition is 5

HTML Email rec'd as Source Code
The code does create and send the email successfully. However, the message shows as html code and n

Ajax Error since Upgrading to 3.5
Ever since upgrading my site to .NET 3.5 (I needed LINQ), I've been getting this annoying error on o

Good Programming and Web Design Books
Hi,

I recived a pm today from a fellow phpfreaker regarding php books, i replied with the fo

Match stored value with the current value in a loop
Hello,

I have a MySQL db were I store articles in.

I have a form to fill these article

use an array from 1 class in a second class
I have a class that adds data to an array

Then I have a second class and I need to check if t

Load Animated Image while cache is serve
I have a page that loads up using cache and took about 1 to 2 minutes before it loads to the page. <

Getting PHP to ammended the selected in option field
Hey Guys

thanks for everyones help so far. This site and its users are oozing awesomness.

ScriptManager History and Opera Issue
I am having an issue in opera with the ScriptManager. I have a ScriptManager on a page with history

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash