Redirecting Admin


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

In my members table, I have a field called "perm" and it's set to zero for all members. However, I have two administrators, and theirs are set to 1.
I want my members page that shows up on login to redirect admins if their "perm" number is set to 1
Right now it's not having any errors, but it's not redirecting the admins.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Thank you!

Full code:
Code: <?php
// Connects to your Database

...

//checks cookies to make sure they are logged in
if(isset($_COOKIE['ID_staples_clubs']))
{
$username = $_COOKIE['ID_staples_clubs'];
$pass = $_COOKIE['Key_staples_clubs'];
$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM members WHERE username = '$username'")or die(mysql_error());
while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $check ))
{

//if the cookie has the wrong password, they are taken to the login page
if ($pass != $info['password'])
{ header("Location: login.php");
}

//otherwise they are shown the member area
else
{
$query = "SELECT clubs.*, members.* FROM clubs LEFT JOIN members ON members.club = clubs.id WHERE members.username = '{$_COOKIE['ID_staples_clubs']}'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
//admin
if ($row['perm'] == 1) {
header("Location: admin.php");
}

//member
else {
echo "$row[name] <br />";
echo "Welcome, ";
echo "$row[adv] <br />";
echo "<a href=edititem.php?id=$row[club]>Edit Club</a>";
echo "<br />";
echo "<a href=changepass.php>Change password</a><br />";
echo "<a href=logout.php>Logout</a>";
}
}
}
}
}
else

//if the cookie does not exist, they are taken to the login screen
{
header("Location: login.php");
}
?>
Troublesome part:
Code: while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
//admin
if ($row['perm'] == 1) {
header("Location: admin.php");
}

//member
else {
echo "$row[name] <br />";
echo "Welcome, ";
echo "$row[adv] <br />";
echo "<a href=edititem.php?id=$row[club]>Edit Club</a>";
echo "<br />";
echo "<a href=changepass.php>Change password</a><br />";
echo "<a href=logout.php>Logout</a>";
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
225 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

elseif help!
OK so I'm new to the site, as well as PHP altogether (Trying my hand at managing an online RPG) and

All possible combinations of Strings from table in PL/SQL
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to build a list of all possible string combinations fro

NOOB needs help with upload file
The intent of this form is to create a folder for a client and upload an image into another folder '

Count number of records in all the tables with a querry URGENT PLEASE...
I downloaded ORACLE 9I DATA DUMP into my comp. There are number of tables. I need to find out the

Easy administration on MySQL databases
My website is database driven and I am very tired of manually making queries to my tables in order t

Header is not working in IE
Hi ! header function is not working in IE but it works in FF, Safari, Chrome. any help please. :

this code is strange !
Hi i got this code from the web.. It checks for live and dead socks
It is working perfectly on my

Need a fuction to count entries in a field
Hi
I need a fuction to count how many times a email address is entered in to a field.

I ma

CHECH A STRING FOR ' " ' (DOUBLE QUOTES)
I am checking for delimiter (.!?) and if there is a " after a sentence then it should neglect a

Casting Decimals in Oracle
This code worked as a query in DB2, but I am not sure what the syntax is for casting decimals in Ora

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash