PHP Multiples of 2, Show posts...not working (wordpress)


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have been using this code to show div.example with 6 li columns inside it, each li is a post with its info inside.

Once it gets to the 6th li it closes the div.example and starts a new one. This to enable me to divide them with a dotted line.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
However, when it gets to the 4th row it prints an empty div.example because there are no li's to go in it, i just need it to stop once it gets to 24, now its stopping at 24 but printing one final div.example...

Really i need it to stop when there is no more li's to show, which it does however its printing this extra div.example and i dont know why.

You can see it here the big gap at the bottom is another div.example its showing with nothing inside it!


(only part of the whole page code as its the only bit that is not working correctly and isn't connected to anything else.)

Code: <?php

$page = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;
$postcnt = 0; query_posts('cat=3,4,5,6');
if (have_posts()) { ?>
<div class="example">
<ul class="content_cols">
<?php
while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); $postcnt++; $data = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'key', true );?>

<li>
column here
</li>

<?php if($postcnt % 2 == 0) { ?>

<?php if($postcnt % 6 == 0) { ?>
</ul>
<div class="line"></div>
<div class="clearFix"><!--x--></div>
</div>

<div class="example">
<?php } ?>
<ul class="content_cols">
<?php } ?>
<?php
endwhile; ?>
</ul>
<div class="clearFix"><!--x--></div>
</div>
<?php
} ?>

The forum doesn't seem to be showing the first postcnt code properly, its the same as the one below just with 2 rather than 6

Any ideas?

Obviously very annoying as dont want that final div.example there at all as nothing is in it!!

Many thanks for any help
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
272 Like 13 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

have trouble in a if condition
The if below is working ok, it check when indexes, name, zipcode and state are empty.
Code: &

Multi-user card game
I'm writing a batch of games and such. Lottery is finished, Poker,blackjack,etc are next. They will

image upload, resize THEN submit form
Ok so I have a form that requires the user to upload an image, and then do something with that image

Loosing changed contents when used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY
Hi,

I have used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY in my program as below.

CALL FUNCT

PHP Captcha Error help - replace the "die" command
Hi All,

I am after a bit of help with a Captcha spam protection box.

The site gave me

IIS7 and getimagesize() problem
I have just discovered after hrs of trying to fix a problem where it's coming from. It's to do with

help connecting a form to php and then emailing the form
Ok. So, I made a form, and I need help to where when submitted, I get an email with the submitted de

I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one
Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one

$variable = $variable
Hello

Sorry if this is a really simple question but I have run out of ideas. Is there a reall

Web Application Recipe
Hi Guys!

I am working with the Web Application recipes. I am currently working on the sen

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash