Wierd if else problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

this probably aint wierd for you, but it seems like php is playin up to me. may b i missed something. so i'm kinda needing another set or may more sets of eyes. lol.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
this is the code.

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
$debit = $row['debit'];
$credit = $row['credit'];
$acnum = $row['acnum'];
$query1 = "SELECT cbal FROM accounts WHERE acnum = '$acnum'";
$res = mysql_query($query1);
$balancenum=mysql_num_rows($res);
while($row1 = mysql_fetch_array($res)){
$cbal = $row1['cbal'];
}
If (is_numeric($debit)){
$actype = substr($acnum,0,1);
settype($actype, "integer");
echo $actype;
echo "
";
echo gettype($actype);
echo "
";
If ($actype == 1 || $actype == 5 || $actype == 6 || $actype == {
$cbal = $cbal - $debit;
$sql2="UPDATE accounts SET cbal = '$cbal' WHERE acnum = '$acnum'";
echo "2" . $sql2;
echo "
";
mysql_query($sql2);
} else {
$cbal = $cbal + $debit;
$sql2="UPDATE accounts SET cbal = '$cbal' WHERE acnum = '$acnum'";
echo "2". $sql2;
echo "
";
mysql_query($sql2);
}
}
If (is_numeric($credit)){
$actype = substr($acnum,0,1);
settype($actype, "integer");
echo $actype;
echo "
";
echo gettype($actype);
echo "
";
If ($actype == 1 || $actype == 5 || $actype == 6 || $actype == {
$cbal = $cbal + $credit;
$sql="UPDATE accounts SET cbal = '$cbal' WHERE acnum = '$acnum'";
echo $sql;
echo "
";
mysql_query($sql);
} else {
$cbal = $cbal - $credit;
$sql="UPDATE accounts SET cbal = '$cbal' WHERE acnum = '$acnum'";
echo $sql;
echo "
";
mysql_query($sql);
}
}
}

The wierd thing about the above code is the entire if statement is carried out including the else part.
For example if $actype == 5 it does the stuff that is to be done when the value is 5, AND the stuff to be done in the ELSE section is also carried out.

can you pleaase help me out
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
94 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

login from external site
Hi my new experience begins, Now what i am trying to do is i make three pages, login.php logout.php

Filtering Tables
Hello Thanks for any help any one can give Im very new to PHP..

I need to pull data for clien

How to Handle more than one submit button in single form?
Hi
I have one PHP file which contains one Form. In this form there are two Submit type Buttons

Does design fit in FPGA ?
Hi all,

I've made a large HCC-Design. Because of the program-size the compile process with th

How would I do "Users not logged in since *** delete them"
I know how I would set this up, and delete the user roughly.
I'll create a table called "Use

SELECT * FROM users WHERE Users are not in Blocked
How do I select all users from users table where there users_id is not stored in the block table

login from external site
Hi my new experience begins, Now what i am trying to do is i make three pages, login.php logout.php

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash