Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

I have a site that logs you in, sets a cookie, and then what I would like to do is depending on the user loging in, certain records from a table are selected and displayed
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I have the following code:

Code: // Connects to your Database
mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "escrma") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("rma_portal") or die(mysql_error());

//Set Login Variable with the UserID
$login = $_COOKIE['ID_my_site'];

echo "This is it set to $login

";

// Collects data from "users" table
$data = mysql_query("SELECT *
FROM users, cust_info
WHERE cust_info.Cust_ID = '.$login'")
or die(mysql_error());

// puts the "users" info into the $info array
$info = mysql_fetch_assoc($data);

//Test Print of Login ID passed value
echo $data; WORKS Resource id #3
echo $info["Cust_Name"]; DOES NOT WORK
echo "$Cust_Name"; DOES NOT WORK

echo "$login

"; WORKS
echo $info["Cust_Company"]; DOES NOT WORK


1 Question is why I can echo the $login but then I canot pull anything from the query?
Table users
Cust_ID, Username, Password
Table cust_info
Cust_ID, Cust_Name, Cust_Company, Cust_Phone.....

2 I don't know if using the Cookie variable to use the login is a good idea. What would be the best way to pass the username to next page so I can use it in the SELECT ststement. Should I use a _SESSION global?

Thanks in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
263 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

Undefined Index Notice In Internet Explorer Only
I am getting the following notice:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: jrox in /home/ycsn/public_h

Javascript form submit and radio buttons?
When this form is submitted, it is automatically resubmitted using JS.

All my fields are carr

Trouble with a select list
Hello All!
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with a small problem I'm having!

Help! refer to a friend script with captcha code
Hi guys, I am posting on here in desperate need for some help with an ongoing search I have been doi

php automatically escaping single quotes
I'm trying to test out my security a bit and I've noticed that php is escaping my single quotes. For

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

Big Problem!! Please help
Hi Guys,

Im making a website for a friend have encountered a really annoying problem. When ev

Retail terminologys not been altered after activing Retail System
Hi, All

After I active Retail System via TCode SWF5, the terms does not been changed, th

xApp Analytics in BI 7.0
Dear all,

I am trying to implement xApp Analytics in BI 7.0. After I installed the analyt

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash