Lucknow, April 12 (IANS) The nomination papers of 28 people who wanted to contest from Lucknow parliamentary constituency have been rejected, officials said Saturday.
The nomination papers were rejected late Friday, leaving 29 people in the fray, officials said Saturday.
After a 15-hour long scrutiny that gave anxious moments to even the politically seasoned, the election office found the papers of most contestants okay and approved their candidature.
Prominent faces now in the fray from the state capital include Javed Jaaferi from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Rajnath Singh (BJP), Abhishek Misra (Samajwadi Party), Nakul Dubey (BSP) and Rita Bahuguna Joshi (Congress).
Other than contestants from the national parties, 10 independents are also left in the fray.
Lucknow goes to polls April 30.
There is a Supreme Court directive that all columns should be duly filled and "on scrutiny we found that 28 candidates had omitted lots of columns and information", deputy district electoral officer R.K. Pandey told IANS.
Fourteen candidates from other registered parties are also in the fray.
People are troubled by heat and heat waves in many parts of the country. However, for the last fe
Afghanistan: Is the Taliban repeating the regime of two decades ago?
Dressed in a long white gown, the inspector (inspector) of Afghanistan's Ministry of Religious Af
People of the Muslim community are protesting outside Jama Masjid in Delhi. This demonstration is
Schools, Cinema Halls, and swimming pools opening Tomorrow? See full list
A nationwide lockdown was announced on March 22 to curb Corona's growing infection. Unlock stages
Bedi disputes exit poll findings
New Delhi, Feb 7 (IANS) BJP's chief ministerial candidate Kiran Bedi Saturday disputed the exit
The Central Vista Construction case was heard in the Supreme Court. Advocate Siddharth Luthra, ap
The second wave of the Corona epidemic has caused havoc in the country. After stopping earlier in
The fourth Test of the five-match series between India and England will be played from July 23 at
Adverse weather Conditions to continue in Kashmir
Srinagar, Feb 19 (IANS) Adverse weather conditions will continue in Kashmir till Feb 25 with he
Battlegrounds Mobile India: Beta version of the game is available, only they got a chance to play
The Indian version of the PUBG Battlegrounds Mobile India game is being eagerly awaited in the co