
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Eighty Indian nationals are being evacuated from unrest-hit Yemen by air to Djibouti, the government said on Saturday.
External affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin tweeted: "Leaving Yemen. 80 Indians on Yemenia Airways 1st flight from Sanaa today. Head to Djibouti. Indian Mission will assist in their journey home."
He said there are around 3,500-4,000 Indian nationals currently in Yemen.
The move comes as the UN evacuated around 200 of its staff while other missions too followed suit in the Yemeni capital, as the Saudi-led airstrikes against Shia Houthi rebels in the city continued for the third day.
The director general of Yemen's health ministry, Al Khadher Laswar, said more than 62 people had been killed and 452 wounded in the city since Wednesday.
Ola Electric Scooter Double Thrill! 1100 crore sales in two days, such are the features
Ever since the sale of Ola Electric Scooter has started, it has been setting records on record. A
Every person in the country will get the coronavirus vaccine by the end of this year. Union Minis
Teams of Punjab Kings and Lucknow Supergiants will face each other today at 7:30 PM. The match wi
The Maharashtra government has given a big relief to the students returning home from Ukraine aft
Karnataka government angry with Kamal Haasan's statement, actor's films may be banned.
Kamal Haasan's controversial statement on Kannada language has created a storm in Karnataka. Karn
Bully bai app: Mischief of Uttarakhand woman and engineer, both arrested
Mumbai Police has arrested a woman, the main accused in the 'Bully Bai' case. The woman is accuse
Prime Minister Narendra Modi (PM Modi) has left for India from Bali, Indonesia after participatin
Government alert after getting cases of Omicron variant in India, know what is today's latest update
The fastest mutation variant of Corona, Omicron, has reached India. On December 2, the Health Min
Veteran actor Dharmendra returned home from the hospital on November 12th, after a brief illness.
The British-era suspension bridge collapsed in Morbi on October 30, killing 135 people. Known as