
Amid the ongoing controversy over the Champions Trophy, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Mohsin Naqvi has issued another threat. Naqvi has said that Pakistan can't travel to India for any tournaments in the future. He said that as long as India continues to refuse to send its team to Pakistan, its team will also not travel to India. Naqvi termed this situation as unequal.
Controversy over the Champions Trophy
The BCCI had recently told the ICC that it would not send its team to Pakistan for the Champions Trophy. Since then, the fate of the Champions Trophy has been hanging in the balance. Talks are also going on to hold the tournament in some other country. The ICC has called a meeting of its executive board members on Friday to make a final decision.
Naqvi's statement about the Pakistan team
Before this meeting, Naqvi said, 'It is not possible that Pakistan keeps going to India for every tournament and Indian officials refuse to send their team to play in Pakistan.' Naqvi reached the Gaddafi Stadium on Wednesday night to inspect the construction work for the Champions Trophy. He said - such an unequal situation cannot happen here.
Naqvi's U-turn on a hybrid model
However, Naqvi took a U-turn on adopting the 'hybrid' model for the Champions Trophy. Earlier he had said that the PCB would never accept to hold the tournament in a hybrid model. Last year the Asia Cup was played in the hybrid model itself. India's matches were held in Sri Lanka and the rest in Pakistan. The same proposal was made regarding the Champions Trophy, on which after first refusing, Pakistan has now taken a U-turn.
Naqvi's statement on Jay Shah becoming chairman.
He said, 'I can only assure you that whatever happens in the meeting, we will bring good news and decisions that our people will accept.' Naqvi expressed hope that Jay Shah, who will take over as ICC Chairman on December 5, will make decisions in the interest of world cricket and all member boards. He said, 'Jay Shah will take charge in December and I am sure that once he moves from BCCI to ICC, he will think about the benefit of ICC and that is what he should do.'
He said, 'Whenever someone takes such a role, he should only consider the interests of that organization.' There were reports that Pakistan was offered additional financial incentives to accept the hybrid model, but Naqvi remained firm on it. Naqvi said that all such decisions and the outcome of the ICC meeting will be conveyed to the Pakistan government, which will take the final decision.
Bollywood's finest actor Paresh Rawal is celebrating his 70th birthday today. For the last few da
Famous Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav is currently lodged in Tihar Jail in connection with a cheque
The central government has proposed to increase the number of members of the Joint Committee of P
A heated debate has erupted between Bollywood actor Harshvardhan Rane and his Sanam Teri Kasam co
There is tension on the India-Pakistan international border after India's Operation Sindoor on Pa
Aamir Khan's film 'Sitaare Zameen Par' has been in the news ever since its release. The film is r
Former actress and influencer Harsha Richharriya, who was a follower of Western culture two years
Coronavirus cases are continuously increasing in India. Every day a new jump is being seen in the
Before the elections in Delhi, Aam Aadmi Party convenor Kejriwal made a big move. Kejriwal has ma
Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday made a big announcement say