Kallakuruchi poisonous liquor tragedy: AIADMK MLA sits on hunger strike, demands CBI inquiry from Stalin government


Posted on 27th Jun 2024 01:29 pm by rohit kumar

Unnat DMK leaders in Tamil Nadu condemned the state government DMK over the Kallakuruchi poisonous liquor tragedy. Demanding a CBI inquiry into the matter, many AIADMK leaders sat on a hunger strike on Thursday. 63 people have died so far due to drinking poisonous liquor. Many leaders including AIADMK leader Edappadi Palaniswami are joining this hunger strike.

 

After the assembly session began, AIADMK created a ruckus in the House over the Kallakuruchi poisonous liquor tragedy. They also demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter along with the resignation of Chief Minister MK Stalin. A proposal to suspend AIADMK was also passed on Wednesday for obstructing the proceedings of the House.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

AIADMK MLAs created a ruckus in the House

 

Tamil Nadu Speaker M. Appavu ordered the MLAs who disrupted the proceedings of the Assembly to go out. All these MLAs were demanding the adjournment of the Q&A session in the House. Along with this, they were also raising slogans in the House on the poisonous liquor tragedy. Speaker Appavu said, "Many important issues should be discussed in the assembly. The proposal for the caste census has to be passed. The Chief Minister also wants the opposition to participate in it. Therefore, the CM requested the Speaker not to suspend the AIADMK MLAs. AIADMK gave an adjournment motion under Rule 56. But, they were not ready to listen to me."

 

He further said, "We never stopped the AIADMK MLAs from speaking in the assembly. But they should speak at the scheduled time. It is sad to see this in a democratic assembly. AIADMK leaders were constantly disrupting the proceedings. If this continues, how will the rest of the MLAs speak about their area."

 

Women's Commission delegation met the families of the deceased

On Wednesday, a three-member delegation of the National Commission for Women led by Khushboo Sundar met the families of those who lost their lives after consuming poisonous liquor. The Kallakuruchi District Collectorate released data on Wednesday evening. According to this, the number of people who lost their lives after consuming poisonous liquor has now reached 63. At present, 78 people are undergoing treatment in the hospital. Out of them, 48 are being treated in the government hospital. However, 66 people have been discharged from the hospital.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Goa Fire Tragedy: Complaints about illegal construction at the nightclub had been ongoing for years, reveals the landowner.

The nightclub in Goa, where a fire claimed 25 lives, had been the subject of complaints for many

Bharat Bandh 2025: Bharat Bandh today... What will be the impact on railway, bus, bank, and postal services? Understand everything in 10 points.

A joint platform of 10 central trade unions across the country has announced a 'Bharat Bandh' tod

KIIT Suicide: Scholarship in memory of student; Now 24-hour help to students; Nepali Foreign Minister talks to minister

After the alleged suicide of Nepali student Prakriti Lamsal at Odisha's Kalinga Institute of Indu

Corona in Delhi: Corona wreaks havoc in Delhi, one more death; 13 people have died due to infection so far

News of another death from Corona has come to light in Delhi. A 65-year-old man has died. The eld

CM Yogi: 'The same thing is happening in Bangladesh today as happened in 1947', CM Yogi said - Hindus there are pleading for their lives

In a tribute meeting organized on the occasion of Partition Horrors Remembrance Day in Hazratganj

Gonda Train Accident: Passengers' troubles increased as more than 100 trains were affected, a special train left for Assam

Due to the Chandigarh-Dibrugarh Express accident, the wheels of trains running on this route have

Maha Kumbh 2025: Rejuvenation of ancient temples; Why is Prayagraj called the king of pilgrimages? You will learn about this by visiting them.

Preparations for the Maha Kumbh are in full swing in the holy city of Prayagraj. Not only in the

Team India: Rohit broke his silence on retirement from ODI-Test after T20, relief news for fans

Indian captain Rohit Sharma has announced his retirement from international T20 after India's tit

India's Got Latent: Neither Ranveer nor Apoorva nor time, no one reached to record the statement, Women's Commission issued a new date.

The Women's Commission had summoned Ranveer Allahabadia, Samay Raina, and Apoorva Makhija, along

RCB vs SRH Head-to-Head: A fierce battle unfolds between these two South Indian teams; the IPL 2026 opening match promises to be thrilling.

Even if there isn’t an opening ceremony preceding the first match of the 2026 Indian Premie

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash