PM Johnson's new problem: Muslim MP Nusrat Ghani's allegations will be investigated, was removed from the ministerial office in 2020


Posted on 24th Jan 2022 05:31 pm by rohit kumar

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday ordered an internal Cabinet Office inquiry into allegations by a Pakistani-origin parliamentarian that he had been sacked as a minister because of his Muslim religion. Conservative Party MP Nusrat Ghani said in an interview in the Sunday Times that after the cabinet reshuffle in February 2020, in a meeting with the party's whip or MPs in charge of party discipline, she was told that her Muslimness was also taken as an issue. was raised in Nusrat said that the Muslim woman minister status I got was making my colleagues uncomfortable.

 

 

Chief Whip told the allegations to be false

Chief Tory Whip Mark Spencer called Nusrat Ghani's allegations completely false. Downing Street confirmed on Monday that Johnson has asked the Cabinet Office to investigate the allegations. A Downing Street spokesman said that when the allegations were first made, the prime minister recommended her to make a formal complaint to the CCHQ (Conservative Campaign Headquarters). But MP Nusrat did not accept this proposal.

 

 

Nusrat spoke to PM Johnson

Nusrat Ghani welcomed the investigation in a statement on Twitter, which reveals that she spoke to Johnson on Sunday night. "As I told the Prime Minister last night, all I want is to take it seriously and investigate it," she said. I welcome his decision to do so now. The terms of reference of the investigation must include everything said by Downing Street and the Whip. I look forward to seeing the terms of reference.

 

The new investigation comes at a time when this week is critical for Johnson's leadership. The investigation, led by top civil servant Sue Grey, is expected to conclude with its report this week. If Johnson is found to be legally violating lockdown rules in the party gate case, demands from within his party and the opposition to step down as prime minister will once again intensify.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Moon's atmosphere too? Chandrayaan-2's orbiter gave big 'good news

After the failure of ISRO's Small Satellite Launch Vehicle, now good news has come about Chandray

Draupadi Murmu became the 15th President of the country: CJI administered the oath and said - the public interest is paramount for me

Draupadi Murmu was sworn in as the 15th President of the country by Chief Justice NV Ramana. She

Second Booster Dose: Do people still need a second booster dose? Now the government itself has given information

Because of the rapid spread of Corona in many countries of the world including China, the Governm

Janhvi remembered Sridevi while giving a house tour: Said- Mother never allowed to lock the bathroom

Janhvi Kapoor recently gave fans a house tour of her Chennai home. During this, he shared all the

PM Modi: PM Modi called these four castes the biggest, and lashed out heavily on these issues including the 'arrogant' alliance; Read

Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached BJP headquarters after BJP's landslide victory in Madhya Pra

Nabanna Protest: What is Nabanna Abhiyan? To deal with this, Mamata government had to deploy 5000 policemen

Today (27 August), students will conduct Nabanna Abhiyan (Nabbana Protest) around the state secre

PM's 3 rallies costing 14 crores in Himachal: Roadways asked for payment from the government; preceded the code of conduct

Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) has an outstanding payment of Rs 14 crore for buses se

Haryana Election: AAP released the second list of nine candidates, Prof. Chhatrapal who joined yesterday also got a ticket from here

Aam Aadmi Party has released the second list of nine candidates for the Haryana Assembly election

Donald Trump 2.0: Trump's rapid decisions as soon as he became President; Know which executive orders he signed

US President Donald Trump signed several executive orders on Monday, the very first day of taking

Amit Shah's high-level meeting on the Delhi blasts continues, with the Union Home Secretary and IB chief also present.

The blast near the Red Fort last night has shaken all of Delhi. Union Home Minister Amit Shah has

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash