
Former principal Sandip Ghosh's troubles are increasing after he resigned soon after the rape and murder of a female doctor at Kolkata's RG Kar Medical College and Hospital. While on one hand, the CBI is questioning him regarding the case, now the financial transactions that took place during his tenure will also be investigated. The West Bengal government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the alleged financial irregularities. Also, orders have been given to submit the report of the financial investigation within a month. Apart from this, the Union Health Ministry on Monday released a list of security measures to be implemented in all central government hospitals, including strict monitoring of entry and exit and providing escort to female health professionals at night. The Health Ministry has taken this step amid nationwide protests by resident doctors. Doctors are demanding a special central law to investigate violence against health workers after the rape and murder of the trainee.
A note from the Internal Security Branch of the Home and Hill Affairs Department of the Bengal government said that the SIT has been formed under the chairmanship of Inspector General of Police Dr. Pranav Kumar. The team will investigate the alleged financial irregularities in the period from January 2021 till date. The SIT will have the freedom to access any relevant documents from government departments and private agencies required to complete the task expeditiously. According to the government order, 'The SIT will submit its first report to the state government within one month from the date of its formation.'
List of security measures in central government hospitals released
Meanwhile, the central government has sent a message to the heads of all hospitals, asking them to ensure an adequate number of secure duty rooms with basic amenities for female health professionals and deployment of female health professionals at night in more than one number. They should be escorted to the premises during duty and proper arrangements for safe transport should be made for them for any movement at night.
The comprehensive approach needed for security: Health Ministry
The ministry said violence or harassment against staff can disrupt operations. This can affect the quality of care provided to patients. Crowds of patients increase the possibility of conflict and security breaches. Addressing these concerns requires a comprehensive approach to security that balances accessibility with effective measures to protect patients, staff, and the integrity of the facility.
The ministry said, 'All hospital staff, including doctors, nurses, and administrative personnel, should be trained to recognize and respond to security threats. They should be equipped with appropriate skills to effectively handle emergencies.' It has also been asked to map dark spots in hospital premises and ensure adequate lighting, especially in dusty areas of female healthcare workers, parking lots, entrances, etc.
US President Donald Trump has taken a very tough stand on immigration. Recently, news came out th
Pollution persists in the capital due to local factors. With slow wind speeds, the air quality re
The rape of a medical student in Durgapur, West Bengal, is constantly in the news. Yesterday, Chi
Even though the ceasefire between Iran and Israel has happened, India is continuously carrying ou
A joint study by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the All India Institute of Med
Another hottest couple of Bollywood has now joined the parenting club. Siddharth Malhotra and Kia
Salman Khan again received a death threat, the message read- will blow up the car with a bomb.
Bollywood actor Salman Khan has once again received a death threat. This time a message has been
So far 27 people have been reported dead in the terrorist attack in Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir.
PM Modi's meeting with BJP officials on August 17, brainstorming will be done on the new president
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a meeting with BJP officials across the country on August
The police have issued a traffic advisory regarding the Surajkund International Self-Reliant Hand