array_combine() trouble w/csv file


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a problem with a piece of code I wrote to import some records from a csv file into mysql. I have a .csv file with about 300 records in it. The code worked perfect while testing on 3 or 4 records. When I tried to import the entire list I ran into problems where there were gaps of records that had no data.

I tested some of the records that were being missed thinking that it was a charachter in the record making sql choke, but when I did blocks of 5 or 10 of the bad records they worked. This is the error message:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Warning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an equal number of elements in

At some point the insert starts inserting records again and then it hits another block of errors. I am thinking this has to do with some kind of memory limit but the csv file is only 66kb.

Any ideas?

Here is the code

Code: [Select]$handle = fopen($_FILES['filename']['tmp_name'], "r");


if ($handle)
{
set_time_limit(0);

//the top line is the field names
$fields = fgetcsv($handle, 4096, ',');

//loop through one row at a time
while (($data = fgetcsv($handle, 4096, ',')) !== FALSE)
{
$data = array_combine($fields, $data);
// Create a Joomla Password and insert the un-encrypted and encryted+salt value into array
$password = generatePassword($length=9, $strength=4);
$data[password] = $password ;
require_once 'libraries/joomla/user/helper.php'; //Use Joomla function in order to salt the password and encrypt
$salt = JUserHelper::genRandomPassword(32);
$crypt = JUserHelper::getCryptedPassword($password, $salt);
$md5password = $crypt . ':' . $salt;
$data[md5password] = $md5password;
// Insert Customer info into jos_user table
$jos_users = sprintf("INSERT into jos_users_test(name,username,email,password,usertype,sendEmail,gid,registerDate) values('%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%d','%d',NOW())",
sql_prep($data[Contact], $db),
sql_prep($data[Customer], $db),
$data[Email],
$data[md5password],
'Registered',
'1',
'18');
mysql_query($jos_users) or die(mysql_error());

Here is the output of the array, you can tell [15] doesn't have any of the data that [14]and all the rest have. Then it will pick up at some point and a bunch will have data and then it will choke again.

[14] => Array
(
[Customer] => XXXXXXXXX
[Contact] =>
[Phone] => XXXXXXXXXXXX
[Fax] =>
[Alt. Phone] =>
[Alt. Contact] =>
=> [email]tXXXXXX@yahoo.com
[Bill to 1] => XXXXX
[Bill to 2] => XXXXXXXXX
[Bill to 3] => XXXXXXXX
[Bill to 4] =>
[Bill to 5] =>
[Ship to 1] => XXXXXXX
[Ship to 2] => XXXXXXXXX
[Ship to 3] => XXXXXXXX
[Ship to 4] =>
[Ship to 5] =>
[password] => password
[md5password] => 461543387f04a4848d38a6d6fd7376cc:0GHs3PRXbdsqbeghoiZnKxJeudwAYtv3
)

[15] => Array
(
[password] => password
[md5password] => d2db7721b7df8f151ef342a3a72aa32d:bwGLFCJnCdDTjDZH2b5kqfIL5QJ3z42h
)

)
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
246 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

first id from db not showing
I have a php script which displays the content of a mysql table as a html table with sorting, delete

Custom list order
Hi there,

I have checked this tutorial and it's great till the point where I want to display

User registration and login
I don't know whether this is the correct forum, if not i apologise but am pretty desperate at the mo

Writting a script to arrange images........ need some help
Ok so here is the link

http://hmtotc.com/dev/projects/vrassociates/jeweler_dev/admin/index.ph

How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP
How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP PHP Development forum discussing coding practices,

How do I use a global footer..?
If my index.php has a bole bunch of if functions and exit's in them

Where am I going wrong
Been trying to work this out for hours

I have two tables called 'Genres' and 'Films'. Genre

Mouseover to edit (Ajax)
hi friends, can anyone help with the code behind to get this application working, please in VB (new

How can you detect variable string in a massive string?
Ok guys, i need some help with this one.

I am going to be getting a large string, like 10-20

Validation
Hello

I know this is a really vag question.

I need to have a input field on a form th

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash