Basic Forum Tutorial

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I'm new to PHP. I want to build a basic forum for my site using PHP and MySQL. I've searched the 'net, but every tutorial I found the writer seems to get 'too technical' after a few steps. I try my best to keep up, but it gets very frustrating for a beginner.

I'm looking for a tutorial that will instruct me with just the basics, remember, I'm just a beginner. I want a basic tutorial that will instruct me on how to build the database/tables, how to link the tables, pages, etc. I was referred to this site, but was not able to find a tutorial for a basic forum.

As an FYI, I do not want to download and insert a third-party forum app. I want to be able to write the code from scratch, install it, tear it apart, break it, and then rebuild it. This would be the best way for me to understand the workings of a forum, build from it, and move forward with my new found knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
133 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

Call db table from any PHP file
Hi,

I want to be able to call a database table that will be setup in another file called init

Is there a function ... auto send IP
Is there some function that can be sent to a ddns service that returns the ip address of a ddns forw

Problem with a select distinct
I have a problema with a select distinct, I have the next sql:

select distinct a,b,c,d fr

PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:
Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if

Displaying pictures
i have worked my way through storing images in directory and storing the location in mySQL db.Now i

login box shows up again after logging in 2nd login works
Hello,

I am having trouble on my site Lockerz.rack111.com where when you login the login box

distinct rows
Hi
version 10.2.0.3

I have a query output something like the following

ID

I would like "for" to wait 5 sec
I would like my 'for' loop to wait 5 sec before second iteration.

for ($i=0; $i<10

restricting another login once you logout
Hello,

how can I restrict a page from login authenticating against info in a MySQL DB for a s

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash