bit of help needed

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Im about to sort out my registration page for my website by customising a "registration" script I came across. It has about all that I need, apart from the changes that i need to make to it to work for my environment. There is one little problem that is niggling me though cos i know ill come across it if i do it wrong so want a pointer on how to get around it. My registration page has all the usual entries that you normally have to make on such a page; such as username, password (md5 style), email, etc etc. The problem I think ill be facing though, what do I do about entries such as date of birth and things. The Date of Birth (ie DoB) has 3 selections to it, obviously, dd mm yyyy in that form in 3 drop down boxes. How do i interpret that in my INSERT statement. MySQL is showing the date format as yyyy-mm-dd in my database and thats how ive set it at this moment but id like to change that so it shows dd-mm-yyyy in one field in the database. BUT, how would i insert 3 seperate fields (dd, mm, yyyy) in my registration page into one field on my database. Im hazarding a guess that this may not be possible but if it is i would like to know how.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

What's best way to get a user's Word doc converted to simple html and images?
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience of this.
Basically, I'm buildin

Checking BOM Authorization Group
Hai Friends,

I have developed a mulitilevel BOM display report. End users have been assig

mysql_real_escape_string
Let me preface this that I am very much a PHP noob, but I have some SQL training (not necessarily My

php global variable
how can we create global variable so we can use its value in any form.. Please give example to

How to use php and sql to check if values match the ones in a table (for logins)
How would I code it that the script takes two variables that are passed to it (UserID and PIN), and

Find only certain URLs from page ... regex (semi-complete script)
Hi guys,

What I need to do is take a page & extract all the URLs from the page &a

Help with simple query
Hi,

I'm trying to do a Query with a Union where I want to print the number of rows $tc conta

Functions Not Loading Into Div
I had some help doing some of this but what I'm trying to do is get my functions to retrieve its val

Menu restriction
How can I restrict the individual menu that would appear when a user logs in so that all users are c

php require help needed
Ok i tried to use the search funtion but the word require is everywhere.

i'm really new to cr

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash