Code doesn't print what i wanted it too. Please help!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi there,

I wrote this code to mae it so that in the form before it that the user said their username and then on this page it matches up the username with the username on the database and then uses the password of that users as $password. I am new to php and i thought that this would do the trick. But it doesn't. Instead of printing the password it prints "Resource id #6".

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here's the code:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>Radio Ilam | Radio of the Suburbs</title><meta name="keywords" content="music note, free template, website template, CSS, XHTML" /><meta name="description" content="Music Note - free CSS template provided by templatemo.com" /><link href="templatemo_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><style type="text/css">
.style1 {
text-align: center;
}
.style2 {
font-weight: bold;
color: #C32929;
}
.style3 {color: #FF0000}

td {padding: 2px; vertical-align:top; border-top: 1px solid #CCC;}
</style></head>

<body>










<?php
// Connects to your Database
mysql_connect("removed", "removed", "removed") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("a1408362_data") or die(mysql_error());


//checks cookies to make sure they are logged in
if(isset($_COOKIE['ID_my_site']))
{
}
$username = $_COOKIE['ID_my_site'];

if ($username <> "administrator")


{ header("Location: members.php");
}

else {}

?>









<div id="templatemo_container_wrapper">
<div id="templatemo_container">
<div id="templatemo_header">
<div id="templatemo_site_title">Radio<span class="style2">Ilam</span></div>
<div id="templatemo_site_slogan">Radio of the Suburbs</div>
</div>

<div id="templatemo_menuleft"></div>
<div id="templatemo_menu">
<ul>
<li><a href="index.html">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="competitions.php">Competitions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Lates Music</a></li>
<li><a href="#" class="current">Members</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Listen Live</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Contact Us</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div id="templatemo_content">
<div id="templatemo_left_column">
<div class="templatemo_section2">
<h1>Administrator</h1>
<p>Welcome

<p><a href="logout.php">Logout</a></p>
</div>
<br />
&nbsp;
</div>

<div id="templatemo_right_column">

<?php

$username = $_REQUEST['catergory'] ;

$password = mysql_query("SELECT password FROM users WHERE username = '$username'");

echo "$password"

?>

<h1>User</h1>

<p>





</p>
</div>
</div>
<div id="templatemo_footer">Copyright © 2009 RadioIlam<a href="#"></a></div>

</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
147 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

An odd assignment statement. Can someone explain this assignment to me?
What purpose is served by the bit of code between the two equal signs in the $installurl set? Is th

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

How to sum these output values
Hi

I need sum the month totals
SELECT region_name, area_name ,SUM (CASE WHEN S

PHP Multiples of 2, Show posts...not working (wordpress)
I have been using this code to show div.example with 6 li columns inside it, each li is a post with

Why does first ever HttpSendRequest take longer?
I promise this isn't as simple as it sounds. I'm wondering why the the first ever call to HttpSendRe

Get value from Select menu
Hi!

Have tried to find the solution on the web. Don't know if there is an easy one. A descrip

Convert .fdf to .pdf
I currently have a web form that uploads the form data to an .fdf file and emails it.

However

The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'
When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environmen

Disabling SAP menu
How do I disable SAP menu for all the users and just restrict them to User Menu in SAP ECC 6.0?

CE 7.1 and External GIS integration
Hi All,

We want to develop an application on CE 7.1 which uses GIS features from an exter

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash