first id from db not showing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a php script which displays the content of a mysql table as a html table with sorting, delete/update button, etc. the problem is I can't make it show the first value inserted in the db, it only shows from the second id onwards, example:

instead of :

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
ID Surname Name
1 Test John
2 Test Anna

it shows:

ID Surname Name
2 Test Anna
3 Test Jorge

omitting the first id in the db

"index.php"
Code: <?php
include("connect.php");

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM contact");
$id = mysql_result($result,$i,"id");

echo "<table border='1' class='rowstyle-alternate'>
<tr>
<th> </th>
<th> </th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>ID</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Surname</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Name</th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>Phone1</th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>Phone2</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Location</th>
</tr>";

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>" . "<a href="delete.php?id=$id">Delete</a>" . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . "<a href="update.php?id=$id">Update</a>" . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['id'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['surname'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['name'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone1'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone2'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['location'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

mysql_close();
?>

"delete.php"

Code: <?php
$id = $_GET['id'];
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Do you want to delete this?</title>
</head>
<body>
<div align="center">
<h2>Do you want to delete this?</h2>
<h2><a href="deleted.php?id=<?php echo "$id" ?>">Yes</a> - <a href="index.php">No</a></h2>
</div>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
154 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to generate a text file using php...?
Hi,
Can anyone give me code to generate a text file using php


Thanks in advance

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

Return X values where an ID number doesnt matter
Well as for subject heading, thats the best i could think of.

Currently im having a problem w

Socket Server Response Headers
Earlier I had a post about my Socket Server, I wasn't able to get it to connect, now I can

I

Simple program to copy files between two computers over the web
I use logmein free and often need to move files between my two computers. Generally, I move the file

Inserting multiple records from single form
I've found a number of threads that deal with this issue, but I'm new to php and coding language so

Save data in input fields when they press "BACK BUTTON"
Hi, this is html form: And let's say they get a error "Please enter ur title must be more then

Material Issuing for receiving batch
Dear All experts in MM/ PP,

Material issuing from main stores to factory is currently usi

scandir clients directory
hi,
how can i scandir the clients directory? i need a script that when i click a button it will u

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash