include function being weird?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a very simple system to grab an IP outputted by a PHP file.. (for a project I have) but it outputs a 1 at the end!!
<form method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>">
<font style="color:#333;">IP Address to Analyse:</font> <input type="text" value="<?php echo include('./disp_ip.php'); ?>" size="20" maxlength="20" name="IPaddr"><br />
<input style="color:#333;" type="submit" value="submit" name="submit">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Is the code, note NO 1. Disp_ip.php has this simple code:
<?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>

Yet I get this insanely weird result?
<input type="text" name="IPaddr" maxlength="20" size="20" value="64.180.2.2341"/>

Where on earth is this 1 coming from? it appears EVERY time I echo disp_ip.php
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
170 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

MFC GUI Programming
I am working on a project right now that requires me to create a MFC Windows GUI. Basically it need

Why do I get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/a5488351/public_html/b

get the country of visitor and display content based on that
Hello all,

I have seen that Google analytics can tell you where a visitor is coming from and

Character Sets/Collations Stuff
Can someone please give me a check list of things I must do to setup all the charset stuff for my ph

Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form
Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authenticat

Streaming local file from PHP while it’s been written to by a CURL process
I am creating a simple Proxy server for my website. Why I am not using mod_proxy and mod_cache is a

Easy administration on MySQL databases
My website is database driven and I am very tired of manually making queries to my tables in order t

DELETE rows based on content
I have a link in my rows

$bit="http://bit.ly/abcd";
$query = mysql_query("D

help with image upload code
Hello,

right now this code I have resizes images and then places them into the uploads folder

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash