Javascript using window.location seems to lose state

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Not sure what forum so let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I have a main window with a ajax grid that has a column of links that uses javascript and window.location to go to another page to show check stub information. When I use the backbutton on the browser everything persists on main window. Ok so far. If I navigate to the window with the show check stub information, there is a 'Print' button that again thru javascripts prints the grid with the check info on it. (Code I got of the internet with some minor changes I made).view plaincopy to clipboardprint?function Print() { var curVisible = true; var grid_obj = document.getElementById('<%= grdVoucherDetail.ClientID %>'); for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } if (grid_obj != null) { var new_window = window.open('print.html'); //print.html is just a dummy page with no content in it. new_window.document.write(grid_obj.outerHTML); new_window.document.close(); new_window.focus(); new_window.print(); new_window.close(); } curVisible = false; for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } } function Print() { var curVisible = true; var grid_obj = document.getElementById('<%= grdVoucherDetail.ClientID %>'); for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } if (grid_obj != null) { var new_window = window.open('print.html'); //print.html is just a dummy page with no content in it. new_window.document.write(grid_obj.outerHTML); new_window.document.close(); new_window.focus(); new_window.print(); new_window.close(); } curVisible = false; for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } }
Now after the print and closing that popup I click the backbutton again and things don't seem to persist. I did notice that the pageload of the main window (one I'm going back to) gets triggered after the printing of the grid where if I don't click the print button and go back the pageload does not get triggered. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have searched and searched for an answer and am getting nowhere. When this happens I usually feel that I've done something stupid. Oh well Thanks for any help that you can give me

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
87 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

reading partial code from external site
Hi,

I am trying to write a script for my website to get an article from an external website.

Month String to Numeric?
Hi guys,

Given a month as a string, is there a simple way to find the numeric representation

Quick Syntax Question
Hi folks,

I'm getting the following error: "unexpected T_LNUMBER". I'm trying to b

Unique Visitor Tracking
Hello. Currently, I run a voting site where voters are tracked by their IP address and can only vote

On page view, minus credit
Hello all, please, I need a little help with this script. I am charging one credit (credits can be p

Sending CC Info by email
I am a little bit less knowledgable in the security area as most developers and I know I have a lot

Securing a user input - need some confirmation
Hello All,

I am in the process of recoding a large proportion of an e-commerce site, one of t

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

Last character removed
I have created a string from an array. I have inserted commas from my form values. I am trying to re

Module pool selction screen parameters combination logic
Hi floks,
Am new to the module pool development ,Recently i have created one program based on

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash