need help in mysql_num_rows()

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

please tell me what i am doing wrong in this query. it displays this error

Code: Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:wampwwwdynamicquiz2.php on line 77
my query is
Code: $namecheck = mysql_query("select * from cv where name = '$name',apply='$apply' and email='$email'");
$countname = mysql_num_rows($namecheck);

if($countname != 0)
{
die("You have already applied for this vacancy.");
}

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

download directory onto C drive
I am attempting (if this is possible) to write a routine to automatically dump the contents of a dir

making web pages for accounts
Hello, I would like to make pages for accounts on my website im making (its not a real website..im j

Array help
Hello i got this code to fetch data from database but it is not working it displays
Array

cURL Sending File as Post
This is a bit complicated, I'm just hoping someone else has run into this and knows how to do it a d

WELCOME SCREEN
first of all let me tell you what does my script do,

it´s a very simple query to show a e

php unable to sent email
Hi, guys, I try to send a email through php but unfortunately the mail unable to sent. Here is my co

Removing Title From database problem
Hi again ! i am having an issue with updating database. When i update any price of a title it remove

removing space from the end of a variable
i have a variable $image which contains the following url "http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oo/P5/0m

PHP Multiples of 2, Show posts...not working (wordpress)
I have been using this code to show div.example with 6 li columns inside it, each li is a post with

Warning message
I've put a website that I was doing live and I'm getting this warning message when I try to add a ne

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash