PHP, jAVASCRIPT setting input values, why isn't it working?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi:

I am calling this javascript:
<script language="javascript">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
function set_item_values(x)
{
document.forms.form1.GetElementById(x).value = "itemcode";
}

</script>



from here, to set other values in the form:
<select name="Product_Pick" size="1" id="Product_Pick" onchange="set_item_values(document.forms.form1.Item_Code)">
<?php
do {
?>
<option value="<?php echo $row_Product_Select['Product_Code']?>"><?php echo $row_Product_Select['Product_Code']?> - <?php echo $row_Product_Select['Name']?></option><?php
} while ($row_Product_Select = mysql_fetch_assoc($Product_Select));
$rows = mysql_num_rows($Product_Select);
if($rows > 0) {
mysql_data_seek($Product_Select, 0);
$row_Product_Select = mysql_fetch_assoc($Product_Select);
}
?>

The value I have in there so far is just a proving string...

It ain't working, but I don't know why, and I am having problems finding a good reference for using php and javascript for working with documents and events in html, so that i can set off a value change to set values for several fields, or perform actions.

Can I have my hand held please and someone get me up and running? I have been programming for 15 years or so and in different languages (from pl1, jcl, pascal, to basic, java) so what I guess a good insight into using variables and syntax would get me going...
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
348 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Setting condidtions for an input box
Hi all,

I would like to set a condition in a txt box that says the number a user enters has t

Files in current folder. Should be an easy fix.
Never mind. I've asked about this before and just found my answer. Anyway to delete this?

Problem in String replace program's output
Hi all,
I was trying to make a program which accepts a string and replaces it with another stri

rookie looking for help coding a CSS form with PHP
I'm trying to figure out how to add PHP code to my xhtml form so that it is a working form embedded

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Dear All,

I am facing problem in taken backup from db13 it comes up with the following l

Search function
I am looking for some guidance from the experts.

I am trying to create a search function. It

TimeStamp Column Problem...
I'm mad at my self and thinking I'm a little retarded. It just be some one mistake I'm missing here.

sendmail code suddenly not working
Hi Guys, I maintain 3 sites (including my own) I use the following code from a french webmaster that

Suggestions for Functional module
Hello experts,
I Have done B.Sc(Mathematics) and MCA & have learnt SAP/ABAP but do n

Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.
Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash