Random Number Generation And Probability


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I am working on a function which has to insert data into a SQL table.

we have to supply the function with number of entry needs to be inserted into the database and the work of the function is to insert the entry into SQL in such a way that 30% of the entry have their type(a column in my db) as 'a' , 20% as 'b' , 40% as 'c' and rest 10% as 'd'.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Is there any way i can do this? Do I need to run 4 while loops?

Thanks.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
347 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

mails going in spam??
The mails I sent to folks in my database using mail(function) are going in spam??

Any idea ho

Creation of Raw Exposure manually
SAP Gurus

I am creating Raw Exposure ( Hedge management ) thru T Code TEM10 with followin

eregi to preg
Im converting my regex for php 5.3 and I am stuck on the following

Code: [Select]if((eregi(&q

have trouble in a if condition
The if below is working ok, it check when indexes, name, zipcode and state are empty.
Code: &

Kill a process
I have a question - how can I kill a process from a command line or by using Oracle SQL Developer? I

"From field" in PHP email form
I used a wizard to create a PHP email form. I was able to customize it with the exception of the Fr

get font info from a font file
hello,

Does anyone know how to get font info from a font file ... using php of course !
<

Comparing two dates
Hi Guys
I have two dates I want to compare. Below is my current implementation. The problem with

IP Based Cron Jobs
I run cronjobs on my website. After one of my visitors got curious and tinkered around he realized h

$variable = $variable
Hello

Sorry if this is a really simple question but I have run out of ideas. Is there a reall

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash