Socket Server


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

In my following socket server, I am trying to listen to a connection through port 12345 in my web browser. http://127.0.0.1:12345/

I assumed that the following would detect that something was trying to connect to the port through the browser, using socket_create_listen(). I don't know if I am doing something wrong or just not understanding what socket_create_listen() is doing.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Does anyone know why when going to the address, my socket server isn't detecting the connection?

Note: The client is supposed to be the web browser, not another php file.

Here is my server class:
Code: [Select]<?php
set_time_limit(0);
class Pherver{
private $setup;
public $server;
public $connections;
function __construct(){
$this->setup = parse_ini_file("config.ini", TRUE);
$this->server = socket_create_listen($setup['server']['port'], $etup['server']['connections']);
socket_listen($this->server);
}
function start(){
while($client = socket_accept($this->server)){
socket_write($client, "hello");
print "here";
}
}
}
?>
Here is how I start the server:
Code: [Select]<?php
include 'Pherver.php';
$server = new Pherver();
$server->start();
?>
Thank you
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
324 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Will an XHTML DOCTYPE interfere with my PHP if I'm not experienced enough?
I've read this article here: http://friendlybit.com/html/why-xhtml-is-a-bad-idea/

In a nutshe

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

Website Direction...
I recently used this code to try and make it so the page loads as http://www.domain.com/ when you ty

foreach help.
Hello all,

First time I'm attempting to use a foreach statement and was just wondering if my

Help with writing "$" with fopen
I just can't get my syntax correct. Could someone help me please? I am trying to write a connect fil

PHP and XML image gallery variable issue
I'm trying to display the large image on the same page as the thumbnails, to do that I'm passing a v

preg_replace question
Hello!!

I hope someone can help me with preg_replace.

I load two tables from an extern

How to use Substr
I want to check for the word CATEGORY: inside a string which can be CATEGORY: ITEM
and remove the

New Login Script
Hi all, i attempted to create a whole new login script witch isnt working for some reason i dont kno

Warning: session_start() headers already sent error - Driving me Nuts!
I am trying my sister in laws site and I keep getting an error with my coding. I am more of a design

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash