Thought I has this figured out especially after all the help i received?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Cags, Salathe, Daniel helped me with this yesterday, but not sure i took it all in.
I am attempting to open the URL and grab all the links within using preg_match_all

The problem is Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in C:xamppxampphtdocstest4.php on line 13
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: [Select] <?php
function curlURL($url) {
$curl = curl_init();
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2');
$output = curl_exec($curl);
return $output;
}

$curlResults = curlURL("http://southcoast.craigslist.org/sss/");
preg_match_all #<a href="(/[a-z]{3}/d{10}.html)">#, $matches;
echo ($matches);
?>

I think i may be having a rather tough time grasping the [1] idea. I mean can't i just hold the exact matches? Do i need to add the 2 parameters? Sorry if i sound like a broken record. I started with C++ months ago and now trying my hand at php which to me seems a bit tougher to grasp. I really want to become great at php so i refuse to give up.

I appreciate the help with this inquiry, but also would like your thoughts on the BEST way to learn php without becoming overwhelmed. I have read 2 php and mysql books. Maybe i should be spending more time farting around with client code?

I know when learning C++ i spent most time playing with code and it seemed to do the trick, but with php i thought i could just jump in and the syntax would be familiar. Although it is somewhat similar it is also confusing as hell to me. Things like ".." and '...' seem to be different in php as are others. Anyhow you guys obviously got past the hurdles and i would like some encouragement/guidance as to what really helped you become the great helpers you are now. I would love to be able to answer others questions. That must feel great!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
285 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

Php If in MySql query (hiding labels if a field is empty)
Okay, I've been trying to do this for a while, and I'm finally going to ask for help so I can get th

how can i display php source code snippets ?
I am outputting some pho code .. and I want to display the source code so people can copy and paste

Rand() help needed
Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

Check before inserting in DB ???
This is my code
---------------
if ( $_POST ['Submit'])
{{
$username = $_POST ['usernm

if statements problems
Hi. I'm trying to make a web form, but I kind of hit a dead end trying to figure out why it doesn't

MySQL query problem
When I try to run the following piece of code, I get this error:
QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): sup

MySQL-PHP Query Results Help
Hello all. I'm hoping to be able to get some help in solving a problem with query/rowcount output. I

Small problem with image resize script
Hi!

I am a little bit new to php and I have an issue installing an image resize script I down

I need help with formatting date from mysql! with php!
Hello guys

*Note: this is a php question not MySQL question, please do not move it to mysql s

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash