Timer control causing error

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I recently decided to add a timer control to an existing page that uses AJAX on my site. As soon as I added the timer control and ran my app, I started getting the following error:Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.]
System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl(TScriptControl scriptControl) +236
System.Web.UI.Timer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +75
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +77
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360
I've been using AJAX on this page for months. Why is this timer control suddenly causing me to get a control validation error? Chopped down version of the front end code:1 2 3 4 5 6 The error occurs on page load. I don't get any compilation errors. Any thoughts?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
81 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

drop-down with sub-category appear
Hello,

i know how to build a simple dro-down list, im looking for a code when im gonna choose

Inserting multiple records from single form
I've found a number of threads that deal with this issue, but I'm new to php and coding language so

Regular expression tips or resources
Hello! I'm having some issues implementing the appropriate regex patter to eliminate unwanted charac

Recording popularity by day, week.. all time?
Hey everyone, I'm creating a site designed around users uploading music. How can I implement a syste

Small problem with image resize script
Hi!

I am a little bit new to php and I have an issue installing an image resize script I down

Hi, explode and strstr.
Hi, I seem to be confused about the strstr function, eg. i have a string like:
"a.b.c.d.e.f&

Cron Job and Output
I have php codes running under a cron job.
But everytime i output (echo) , it comes out as comple

How can you detect variable string in a massive string?
Ok guys, i need some help with this one.

I am going to be getting a large string, like 10-20

PHP page is blank
Hi Everyone,

I have a site in which I am able to open the first PHP webpage in my browser but

how to easy edit text, with box? Help.
Hi.
I have a little problem. I'm doing a webpage for my aunt and I would like to make it as easy

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash