Timer control causing error


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I recently decided to add a timer control to an existing page that uses AJAX on my site. As soon as I added the timer control and ran my app, I started getting the following error:Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.]
System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl(TScriptControl scriptControl) +236
System.Web.UI.Timer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +75
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +77
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360
I've been using AJAX on this page for months. Why is this timer control suddenly causing me to get a control validation error? Chopped down version of the front end code:1 2 3 4 5 6 The error occurs on page load. I don't get any compilation errors. Any thoughts?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
81 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Function module "DPS_CHECK_TABLE_EXISTS" not found (after OSS 1422843 impl)
Dear All,

I implemented Note OSS 1422843.

When i execute the new report RSPO20

Sendmail.php - heading error following check_input
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate some help? I am brand new to PHP and have been searching and e

Can php detect connection speed and thereafter swap out elements?
No code to post, lads, yet. Just looking for a yay or nay at this stage:

Can a php script be

Show specific day of the week
I have been racking my brain trying to get this function to work properly and it is doing so for eve

tell csv import script to ignore blank rows?
Hi i have the below script but i get an error if a row is blank ie a return in the csv file at the e

Best way to check for end of a record and send it back to the first record
I'm hoping someone can help me out and explain the best way to accomplish this.

What I'm doin

* Gridview and Detailsview in UpdatePanel, insert mode problem
I have a GridView and DetailsView working together. When a record from Gridview is selected, Detail

with clause
hi all, i have a big query that usually access the same table more than once. for example, i have s

Files in current folder. Should be an easy fix.
Never mind. I've asked about this before and just found my answer. Anyway to delete this?

Code clarification
Hi

In the following code what could be the "search_print()" and where it could be

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash