Troubles with a spider class

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, whitepages.com, etc..) and collect the information on the people found there and throw it into a database. So far I've only made this little prototype, however after trying to run it I've run into a bunch of problems....a lot of them I fixed but there are some with the expressions that I can't figure out.

Here are the errors:
QuoteWarning: preg_match_all() [function.preg-match-all]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 57 in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 51
Warning: preg_match_all() [function.preg-match-all]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 72
Warning: preg_match_all() [function.preg-match-all]: No ending delimiter '^' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 73
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: No ending delimiter '^' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 76
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '.' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 92
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '^' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 93
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '.' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 94
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '^' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 95
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '*' found in /home/public_html/spider/inc/anywho.class.php on line 96

Along with these it isn't printing out the info like it is suppose to on line 56 of anywho.class.php
As to the fact that these are two files and a little bigger then the normal "snippet" I posted them both in a pin board. The links are below.

Spider Class: http://www.coderprofile.com/networks/code-pin-board/258/spiderclassphp
Anywho Class: http://www.coderprofile.com/networks/code-pin-board/257/anywhospiderclassphp

And here is the source of the form page:

Code: <?php
require("spider.class.php");
require("anywho.class.php");

$spider=new spider("Lorem Ipsum","Lorem Ipsum","Lorem Ipsum","localhost",15);
$any=new anywho;

if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
$state=$_POST['state'];
$last=$_POST['last'];
$first = (isset($_POST['first'])) ? $_POST['first'] : null;
$street = (isset($_POST['street'])) ? $_POST['street'] : null;
$zip = (isset($_POST['zip'])) ? $_POST['zip'] : null;

$any->initialize($last,$state,$first,$street,$city,$zip);
$any->any_crawl($any->url,0,1);
}
?>
<form action="index.php" method="post">
Last Name: <input type="text" name="last">*

First Name: <input type="text" name="first">

Street: <input type="text" name="street">

Zip: <input type="text" name="zip">

State:
<select name="state" style="height:17px; font-size:9px;">
<option value="">Select a State</option>
<option value="AL" selected="selected" >Alabama</option>
<option value="WY">Wyoming</option>
</select>*

<input type="submit" value="Crawl" name="submit">
</form>

I'm really sorry about the messy code and poor documentation.

Also I really appreciate any and all replies!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
125 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

convert pps to wsf with php'how?
hi
i want to convert with php
PowerPoint file to swf file(flash)
how please?
thank!!!

MySQL Primary key gap
Alright, so I have a table with 26 entries in it (id, filename, caption) for my image randomiser (ht

need help modifying script
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to php and am having a bit of trouble modifying a script.

This

email form (cannot find the problem)
Hello there. I've been having trouble with an email form. Can't find the problem really. I've tested

very easy question about SQL info
Hello,
I think that I have a very easy question.
I know how to create a form using php SQL and

InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with erro

How to get the previous months last date....
Here's my wittle problem. I suck at working with dates.

So today is 10/20/2009, i need to fig

Beginner question regarding Array's
Hi everyone, the page im working on has an array of variable at the top...

Code: $define_li

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

Get Total From While Loop
I'm trying to get the total for each product and add them for a Grand Total to list outside the loop

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash