Unable to display contents in Second Drop Down Box


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi All,

What I am trying to do is 2 dependent drop down boxes and when user selects submit button the values are to be passed to the database to run a insert query.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Right now, I am stuck with the second drop down box because it does not show up the values based on the selection in the first drop down box.

Important point here is " My second drop down box displays columns from a single row(returned from second query)"

Attached is my code please do suggest me the required changes to make and also I pasted the code here,


<?php
include("../include/dbcommon.php");

if(isset($_GET["country"]) && is_numeric($_GET["country"]))
{
$country = $_GET["country"];
$emp_number=$country;
echo($emp_number);
}
if(isset($_GET["state"]) && is_numeric($_GET["state"]))
{
$state = $_GET["state"];
$emp_positionheld=$state;
echo ($emp_positionheld);
}
?>

<script language="JavaScript">
function autoSubmit()
{
var formObject = document.forms['theForm'];
formObject.submit();
}
</script>
<form name="theForm" method="get">
<select name="country" onChange="autoSubmit();">
<option value="null"></option>
<?php
//POPULATE DROP DOWN MENU WITH Employee Names
$sql = "SELECT EmployeeNumber,LastName FROM employees";
$countries = mysql_query($sql,$conn);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($countries))
{
echo ("<option value="$row[EmployeeNumber]" " . ($country == $row["EmployeeNumber"] ? " selected" : "") . ">$row[LastName]</option>");
}
?>
</select>



<?php
if($country != null && is_numeric($country) )
{
?>
<select name="state" onChange="autoSubmit();">
<option value="null"></option>
<?php
//POPULATE DROP DOWN MENU WITH Job Position helds For a Given Employee
$sql = "SELECT * FROM employee_positionheld WHERE EmployeeNumber = $country ";
$states = mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_array($states);
for($k=1;$k<=6;$k++)
{
echo("inside for");
$temp[$k]='Position held' . ' '.$k;
$queryvar=$temp[$k];
//echo($queryvar);
echo ("<option value="$row[$queryvar]" " . ($state == $row[$queryvar] ? " selected" : "") . ">$row[$queryvar]</option>");
}
?>
</select>
<?php
}
?>
</form>

MY EMPLOYEE_POSITION HELD TABLE looks like this

EmployeeNumber Employee Name Position held 1 Position held 2 Position held 3 Position held 4 Position held 5 Position held 6

34550 Suraj Entryleveltech1 Seniortech1 programmer1 0 0 0 0
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
272 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

help with calculations on a flat text file
hello,
I have this code below that is attached to a flat file like this:
Email:LastName:FirstN

Easy administration on MySQL databases
My website is database driven and I am very tired of manually making queries to my tables in order t

PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:
Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if

Different payment methods with different cross company requirements in F110
We are implementing SAP in a company in the shipping industry. They have the following requirement:<

Page doesn't expand for content
Hi. I've been testing a query I made. It's here http://lapr1.6te.net/inquerito.php
The page doesn

RFQ Configuration - can you make PLANT field an optional field in ME42
Is there a way to make the plant field on an RFQ optional in change mode (ME42)?

Open link with largest int string first
I have the following links i would like to open either all at once or one-by-one. How would i procee

How to disable direct access to a file
Suppose I've 2 Files. 1.php & 2.php

I don't want anybody to access 2.php directly fr

simplexml and xpath - Need some help
Hello,

I am trying to parse an xml which comes back from Amazon and I am trying to know how m

Remove values in array2 from array1
I have two arrays.

Array 1 is where the array key holds various different numbers. For exampl

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash