User input in to variable


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm sure this is very easy but I'm having another brain freeze!

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
At the end of the code I have echoed 3 bits of info to screen $ip, $_POST['ssid'] and $ssid_id".

I would like to put $_POST['ssid'] into a variable, is this possible?

Jamie

Code: <?php
//run site query
require("confwifi.php") ;
{
$ext_site = $_POST['site'];

$extract = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM site WHERE site='$ext_site'");
$numrows = mysql_num_rows ($extract);

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($extract))
{
$id = $row['id'];
$site = $row['site'];
$ip = $row['ip'];
}

}

?>

<?php
//run site query
require("confwifi.php") ;
{
$ext_ssid = $_POST['ssid_name'];

$extract = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM ssid WHERE ssid_name='$ext_ssid'");
$numrows = mysql_num_rows ($extract);

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($extract))
{
$ssid_id = $row['ssid_id'];
$ssid_name = $row['ssid_name'];

}

}

?>


<form name="form1" method="POST" action="wifichange.php"><div>

<select name="site">
<option value="0" selected>(please select:)</option>
<option name="site">Llandaf</option>
<option name="site">Cyncoed</option>
<option name="site">Howard Gardens</option>
<option name="site">Colchester Avenue</option>
</select>


<select name="ssid_name">
<option value="0" selected>(please select:)</option>
<option name="ssid_name">Guest</option>
<option name="ssid_name">Conferences</option>
</select>
</form>
<p><input type="text" name="ssid"></div></P>

<div><input type="submit" value="submit"></div>
</form>




<?php echo "$ip"; ?><p></p>

<?php echo $_POST['ssid'];; ?><p></p>

<?php echo "$ssid_id"; ?><p></p>

<?php
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
258 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

BackButton Behaviour in AJAX
I have an ASPX Page AJAX Enabled!The page has a gridView and a DDL for filtering on it. The Gridview

How can i use [] tags instead of <> tags for profiles??
On my site im making ive made it so u can register, login and u have a profile which u can update..<

Question about the upload of large files
Hi there,

I have a question about the upload of large files, like videos (files generally abo

Help with echo()
I'm having some problems with this code:

Code: echo '
<A HREF="jav

pageination not working right... coping images over 4 pages
Code: <?php //This code will obtain the required page number from the $_GET array. Note that

returning data from an ssh2_exec()
here's what i got.


$conn = ssh2_connect($this->_host);
ssh2_auth_password($c

Really need helps regarding Pagination with Sort
I need someone helps regarding pagination problem...i actually want to make my page limited to let s

Showing selected item at top of list
Hi,

I've got a list of names which i am fetching from database like this:
$qry = db_query

Dynamically allocating the number of rows in a table based on a variable value
Hi,
I have situation here which i cannot resolve, I have a variable temp which stores the num

need help in mysql_num_rows()
please tell me what i am doing wrong in this query. it displays this error

Code: Warning: mys

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash