User feedback after MySQL query has been executed

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out by myself.

Im developing a web based reporting application, based upon PHP/MySQL. At some point the user can chose some parameters from a form like dates etc and hit a button, then the form data is submitted to execute_report.php, which contains some code as follos:

Code: <html>
Some html stuff here, like text output for the user, that the query xyz has been started

<?php
Here goes the first query
?>

Then html code again to insert a line that the query has finished

Another line of text that the next query has started

<?php
And the next MySQL query
?>

Text again that the query has finished ... and so on
</html>

Basically everything works like a charm. The queries do what I want and deliver the output and results just fine. What bugs me is, that all results and the html text output are only displayed after the last query has finished.

During the whole executing time, the browser just says "Loading" until the queries have executed, then all results are displayed the way I intended them to.

I already tried experimenting with putting the queries into functions and also with sleep commands, but to no avail.

I would love to give the user a feedback before a query starts and after it has finished, sort of in "Real time". Any tips would be greatly appreciated

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
216 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Issue Parsing XML into table
Hello all,

Im a bit new to php and new to phpfreaks. But thanks in advance for the help!
<

Stopped working!
So I had to change some stuff, none of it major. Stuff like the extension_dir and such. BEFORE I did

Calling strings from other php class
I have test1.php{
$string1;
$string2;
... //10 strings in this class <

Schedule editor
Hi,

I have a question related to Schedule editor.
If we schedule a BLS for every 30

Dynamic Array using glob?
Is there an easier way to do this?

I am trying to get create a dyamic array based on files wi

Running External Scripts
I am very new to PHP and am not even sure what I'm asking is possible. I have just installed mediaW

Typing math
I've added support for typesetting math using LaTeX on the forums.

Example:
Code: [Select]

Troubles with a spider class
I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, w

TimeZoneOffset
Hello,

Please i need your help. I have a system that users can use to punch in and out. This

I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one
Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash