using variables in another page

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a test database set up on localhost. I have a form that I can type a name into, hit the button and it puts the name into the database and into a list on my page. it works fine. Now, I wanted to make a drop down list with all the names so that you could select one to remove that name from the database. So I did this

Code: [Select]<form>
<select>
<option><?php echo $name ?></option>
</select>
</form>

What that did was list the very last name in the list. What I thought it would do was list all the names based on the loop that I have set up to read all the names from the database. which is this

Code: [Select]$mysql = new mysqli('localhost', 'myusername', 'mypass', 'mydatabase') or die('not working');

$result = $mysql->query("SELECT * FROM myTable") or die($mysql->error);

if($result)
{
while($row = $result->fetch_object())
{
$name = $row->names;
echo $name . "<br />";
}
}

Now the while loop is in a file I called results and it is included in the index page with an include. I thought this would give me access to the $name variable and allow me to use it the same way it's being used in the loop. of course I was wrong, so how do I use it the same way?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
232 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problems with returning true or false in eval()'d code
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help with a problem when running eval() on a function that sho

Connect to database that isn't localhost
I am currently doing a small script for a company that doesn't have mySql support on there hosting.

php or sql?
Sorry not sure if this is a sql problem or php the following code is supposed to delete data from th

Values disappear from my array :( HELP!
hey all, I have a lil mysql/php/apache script that queries a database
and pulls put 5 integers.

connect() succeeds but accept() does not?
Please help me with this problem. I'm working on a time-sensitive project where I'm using TCP socket

dropdown box help - open php files to textarea
Hi, I am using tinymce to edit content located in several php files. The code I attached works but i

CRM?
I think that's what they're called. Customer Management System? Anyway. Is there any good free ones

Dynamically set AccordianPane Header
I have an accordian on my master page. I'd like to be able to dynamically change the header on diff

Web Application Recipe
Hi Guys!

I am working with the Web Application recipes. I am currently working on the sen

SWF image using php?
Hello once again.

My latest en devour requires me to produce an image of a static .swf that i

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash