weeks in a year


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi,

i found this snippet on php.net
QuoteFor the week number for weeks starting on Sunday:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

<?php
function week_of_year($month, $day, $year) {

$day_of_year = date('z', mktime(0, 0, 0, $month, $day, $year));

/* Days in the week before Jan 1. If you want weeks to start on Monday make this (x + 6) % 7 */
$days_before_year = date('w', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $year));

$days_left_in_week = 7 - date('w', mktime(0, 0, 0, $month, $day, $year));

/* find the number of weeks by adding the days in the week before the start of the year, days up to $day, and the days left in this week, then divide by 7 */
return ($days_before_year + $day_of_year + $days_left_in_week) / 7;

}
?>


so if i go : week_of_year(1, 3, 2010) (sunday)

the week shows as 1, because the script is set to begin new week on sunday,

however i am confused by his instruction " (x + 6) % 7 " to have the week start on a monday

what part of the script do i apply this equation ???

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
142 Like 13 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Small problem with image resize script
Hi!

I am a little bit new to php and I have an issue installing an image resize script I down

error reporting
hey everyone

I have a production server in which I want error reporting but only on some page

Stumped by Third Day of Month problem
I am trying to build an algorithm that will essentially do this:
Code: [Select]$this_month = Oct

Looking for help reading a .txt or .ini file and outputting the info.
I have a file called Info.ini and It has the following info:
Code: [General]
Online=0
I wou

private constructor
Hello,

Can we create a constructor as private? If yes, what is the use of it? If no, why can'

Trouble verifying database password
Thankyou to everyone who responded to my last post (I can't find the posting, it has been buried). <

Please Help my PHP Dating Function.
Hi everyone!

Well here is my code that displays this:

It works wonderful.


How can i use [] tags instead of <> tags for profiles??
On my site im making ive made it so u can register, login and u have a profile which u can update..<

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

how to remove in php string display
My code is

$message="We're looking at developing our website.";

$body= "

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash