Access website from only 1 computer...?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website membership from on their computer. He's afraid that the users might share their login's with their colleagues, in which, he loses money. I don't want to base this off of IP's as it's not reliable enough. Is there anything in which I can do to achieve this? Or am I going to have to tell him we have to scrap that idea.

In case it was a little weird to follow along here's an example.

A user comes to the website and buys a membership. He logs in and the membership is set so that they can only log in from that computer. If he attempts to login from another computer, it will flag that account, in which the user has 3 warnings, and then their username is removed.

Sounds like a longshot but i figured I'd ask before I ruled it out. Thanks for any help.

I love this forum...

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
301 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with PHP and checkboxes
I am posting this for a friend of mine, i wrote a small script for her to process her form data to a

PHP mail() returns true but doesn't work
First off I apologize if this is a newbie question, and I generally don't like asking questions that

Email Form Syantax Issue 2
How to make this look FROM:"OUR TEAM" instead of FROM:abc@mail.com

$headers = "

PHP Multiples of 2, Show posts...not working (wordpress)
I have been using this code to show div.example with 6 li columns inside it, each li is a post with

Libraries in C++
Hi all,

I have two libraries. one is based targeted on linux platform and uses another li

Local file browser with php
Halo..

So this is what i want to create. I have a folder that i share and it has many movies.

Problem with umlauts and UTF-8
Hello every1,

I'm creating my own little CMS at the moment and got some problems with the cha

Cron Job and Output
I have php codes running under a cron job.
But everytime i output (echo) , it comes out as comple

simple php table loop
Hi all,

I've the following code

<?php // Create category options

mail with attachment problems
Hi. I have the following code:
Code: else if(file_exists("site".$timp.".zip")

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash