Problem with umlauts and UTF-8

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello every1,

I'm creating my own little CMS at the moment and got some problems with the charset. I decided to use UTF-8 so that I don't have to switch between charsets when using different languages.

When I look at the page now, there are, however, ? instead of SOME of the umlauts. All the afftected ones come either from the database or aren't in the main template but an included one.

Before the page is being displayed by the Smarty Template system the CMS sends a header with the charset UTF-8. The templates contain the attribut encoding="UTF-8" as well. Then I set all the database charsets in phpmyadmin to UTF-8-general-ci but it still doesnt't work.

Can the problem be that the php files themselves are saved in the ANSI format?! Which one do I have to choose instead? Notepad offers Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8.

Thanks for your help

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
215 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PDO returns erroneous columns from within pdt
Hi All,

This is a truly weird behavior:
When using a simple pdo fetch, erroneous columns a

Session variable help
I'm having a very troubling issue. Maybe I'm just looking over something but I have looked at the co

Simultaneous select/update/insert
Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would

Select question
Hi,

First I would like to say that php is pretty new for me..
so please don't shoot me if

Making multiple rows with one query
I have a table called efed_handler_characters with two fields handler_id and bio_id. What query 2 is

is_dir() problem
Hello,

I'm buidling a php scripts that dynamically get's subfolders from a specific folder.

Display a default image
I am trying to display generic image for items that don't have one, but I can't get it to display.

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

ORA-01655: unable to extend cluster SYS.C_FILE#_BLOCK# by 128
Hi all,

Oracle 10g. Linux.

I'm facing the below error while trying to import a dumpfil

SQL Injection
In my attempts to protect my database from mySQL injection I have created another problem for myself

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash