Pagination


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi All,

I think I'm finally getting somewhere with pagination!

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I can now submit a query and get the correct number of records back with the correct number of pages.

My only problem is, when I press the page numbers or the next button the records disappear.

If anyone gets time, could you take a look at my code and tell me where I’m going wrong please?

Jamie

Code: [Select]<?php

require("conf.php");


//max displayed per page
$per_page = 2;

//get start variable
$start = $_GET['start'];

$udfin = $_POST['udf'];

//count records
$record_count = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cy_equ WHERE udf = $udfin"));

//count max pages
$max_pages = $record_count / $per_page; //may come out as decimal

if (!$start)
$start = 0;

//display data
$get = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cy_equ WHERE udf = $udfin LIMIT $start, $per_page");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($get))
{
// get data
$id = $row['id'];
$ext = $row['ext'];
$equ = $row['equ'];

echo $id." (".$ext.") (".$equ.")<br />";

}

//setup prev and next variables
$prev = $start - $per_page;
$next = $start + $per_page;

//show prev button
if (!($start<=0))
echo "<a href='qqq.php?start=$prev'>Prev</a> ";

//show page numbers

//set variable for first page
$i=1;

for ($x=0;$x<$record_count;$x=$x+$per_page)
{
if ($start!=$x)
echo " <a href='qqq.php?start=$x'>$i</a> ";
else
echo " <a href='qqq.php?start=$x'><b>$i</b></a> ";
$i++;
}

//show next button
if (!($start>=$record_count-$per_page))
echo " <a href='qqq.php?start=$next'>Next</a>";

?>
<h3> UDF Query </h3>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="http://localhost/qqq.php">
<p> Input UDF: <input type="number" name="udf" value= "<?php echo $udfin; ?>" size="1" maxlength="4"/></p>



<p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="GET DATA"/></p>


</form>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

DB2 for z/OS, LUW, iSeries
Hello, In this forum a lot of threads related to other members of the DB2 family than DB2 for z/OS

GIS appliction help
I found some tutorials in the internet to develop a map application I don't want to use google maps

Handling text changed in text box control using Ajax
I need to create a web form with a text box control. When someone types text into the textbox I nee

HTML form problem
Ive made a form to that i want to send to my email via PHP. but when it send only the name's etc sen

Collecting AOL Search Terms
I am attempting to collect AOL search terms. I know the code is correct (it works for google, bing,

Firefox displaying PHP source code??
Currently testing a site thats almost built, am going to be including php on a sidebar on all pages

Send current URL in URL with a $_GET variable problem.
Hello community,

I have created a function that gets the current variable of a page, example:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/......html/item.php on l
I do not know what is wrong with this. Hope some one can help. I do nto want to post the entire site

Get content from table into a list, without repeating.
Alright this is kinda an odd thing, so I need some help.

I have a table "quote" wit

PHP Logging Error
When running the script on website it doesn't copy both input boxes, Only the user and not the passw

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash