Executing an exe

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi. I have some bizarre problem with exec (other any other method) to launch exe's. I am making a game server booking system and the part that is not working is the one with the launching the server itself. Its not connected to the server exe's as far as I know because I can't launch no exe at all. The closes thing I have come is launching the process, but the window does not show up. Here is the code I am using now:
Code: [Select]$commandString = 'start /b notepad.exe';
pclose(popen($commandString, 'r'));I have also tried WshShell.Run and psexec.exe method. All of them yields the same results... nothing. It launches the process (it shows up in the task manager process tab), but does not launch the application itself (does not show up in task managers applications tab) and the window is not visible. I would expect it to run the exe (in this case notepad), but it doesn't. I think it could be something to do with php.ini or somewhere else in the configs. Are there any things I should turn on when I want to launch apps?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
302 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

reading xml faster than DB call?
I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos

Word filter problem
Hello,

im trying to make a filter for words inputted in to my website but i want to store the

help need on ob_start()
Hi

I am a newbie in php, I have a code
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?phpo

progress bar...need expert opinion of experienced webmaster
Hey guys, quick question:

I want to display a progress bar when I upload files, but I am not

Multiple while loops
I have several DB queries that I know should be returning results and aren't. I have a feeling it ha

How do I use ValidatorCallout extender in Login control?
Hi,I'd like to customize the look and feel of the login control a little bit. One thing I'd love to

Load file in PHP
I have 2 files. The first is a PHP generated XML file that's dependent by 2 inputs. The second is a

Insert to MySQL inside foreach
Hey.
I am parsing some html, and putting inside an html db.
I need to create a randomized inte

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

Simple Scraper... Weird Output
Okay, maybe I just need a Blue Monster and some sleep, but....

I'm scraping a ringtone site

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash