Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm learning PHP and believe my I've manipulated many code blocks trying to get this to work with for and foreach and while statements. There must be something I'm missing in my studies about arrays but anyway here is the issue.
I have a multidimensional array. From that array I would like to extract only the values of a specific key['name'] so that I can then output it into html form with a special identifier. I was able to do this with nested if statements but that seemed a bit overkill to me.
Here is the code I came up. I know there has to be a more efficient way of getting these results.
Here is the Array code:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: $options = array(

array( "name" => "General Administrative Settings",
"type" => "title"),

array( "type" => "open"),

array( "name" => "Colour Scheme",
"desc" => "Which colour scheme would you like?",
"id" => $shortname."_colourscheme",
"type" => "select",
"std" => "Choose a colour scheme:",
"options" => $styles),

array( "name" => "Portfolio Category",
"desc" => "Select the category portfolio items are being posted in.",
"id" => $shortname. "_portfolio_cat",
"type" => "select",
"std" => "Choose a category:",
"options" => $getcat),

array( "name" => "Definition List",
"desc" => "Select the page used as a definition list page.",
"id" => $shortname."_definition_list",
"type" => "select",
"std" => "Select a page:",
"options" => $getpag),


array( "name" => "Blog page",
"desc" => "Select the page to be used as a blog (post) page.",
"id" => $shortname."_blogpage",
"type" => "select",
"std" => "Select a page:",
"options" => $getpag),

array( "type" => "close")

);
Here is my output code:
Code: <?php
if($options['name'] = "Colour Scheme"){
echo '<div id="col_schm">Colour Scheme</div>';
if($options['name'] = "Definition List") {
echo '<div id="def_lst">Definition List</div>';
}
}
?>

If you can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
268 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

how to populate a drop down box
Hi buddies!

PROCEDURE DOWNLOAD_REPORT_FORM (report_name varchar) is begin DOWNLO

ECC6 - Single sign-on
We are in the process of upgrading to ECC 6 which will support single sign on with user passwords al

If a record matches an existing record do nothing
So I don't know if I should put this here or in mysql, but what my script is for is for people to ad

Pipe email to PHP - get mail adress from MySQL - send?
Hi all,

this is the challenge:

1) Our faculty at the college where I'm employed includ

Need help adding a timestamp to my filename/variable
Hello,

I'm kind of stupid when it comes to php and I need a tiny bit of help. I've got a f

trim function issues
Hi guys, total noob here...

So I've been tinkering around with a html and am using php to em

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Grids not displaying decimals, and behaving differently on different PCs?
Hello,

I coded a relatively simple MII application that allows data from a form to be add

mysql_query returning boolean instead of mysql ressource
Hi,

I seem to have a weird issue with the php command mysql_query. I pass 2 arguments the que

Update not working ... please help
Hi,

I am trying to update a row using an edit form by passing id of the row .. but it is not

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash