Generate PDF


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to generate pdf when clicking on a link. In fact, I would like to be able to click on a link and generate a pdf file with information from my database, say a profile of a client for example or an invoice.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I was able to generate a pdf using a basic tutorial. Here is the code:
Code: <?php
$mypdf = PDF_new();
PDF_open_file($mypdf, "");
PDF_begin_page($mypdf, 595, 842);
$myfont = PDF_findfont($mypdf, "Times-Roman", "host", 0);
PDF_setfont($mypdf, $myfont, 10);
PDF_show_xy($mypdf, "Sample PDF, constructed by PHP in real-time.", 50, 750);
PDF_show_xy($mypdf, "Made with the PDF libraries for PHP.", 50, 730);
PDF_end_page($mypdf);
PDF_close($mypdf);

$mybuf = PDF_get_buffer($mypdf);
$mylen = strlen($mybuf);
header("Content-type: application/pdf");
header("Content-Length: $mylen");
header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=gen01.pdf");
print $mybuf;

PDF_delete($mypdf);
?>
But
1) it's seems to be pretty hard to have something that looks nice if I have to specify each item it location with X and Y
2) I have in the middle of the page: www.pdflib.com. I guess I have to pay for a licence to get rid of that but I went to the website and it's kind of expensive for me.

Do you know how an easier way to generate a pdf from my website and without having this "www.pdflib.com"? Is there another script out there or another lib?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
191 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SQL query not working well
Hi,
I made a small table with 5 rows and want to make them an sql consult using rownum

apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

email form (cannot find the problem)
Hello there. I've been having trouble with an email form. Can't find the problem really. I've tested

Dealing with code in db query
I am dealing with C code and I need to make sure it is encoded some how to ensure its integrity and

Strange array issue, never happened before.
mysql_fetch_array returns 1 array per call. Generally that's why it is inserted into a while statem

Connect to database that isn't localhost
I am currently doing a small script for a company that doesn't have mySql support on there hosting.

Text Not Displaying Correctly With PHP:GD
I recently moved servers and since then I have noticed that one line of text is showing weirdly.

Inserting a variable in a link
I have this code that I want to insert for my own variable but I have no idea how. This is what I wa

Credit card verification
I have a client who wants to process credit card transactions from his web site rather than the goin

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash