Pass sql into pl/sql and create RMAN duplicate script.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I'm new to pl/sql and I'm trying to write a script that will generate some RMAN commands to do a database clone.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I want to able to run the script and it prompt me for variables to be used in the script.

I've done some research but I've been unable to find any examples of how to do this.

Basic script is (there would obviously be a lot more to the final script):

declare

dbname varchar2(9) := &dbname;

BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(2000);
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(' DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO '|| dbname ||';');
end;
/

Gives me:

Enter value for dbname: ORCL4
old 3: dbname varchar2(9) := &dbname;
new 3: dbname varchar2(9) := ORCL4;
dbname varchar2(9) := ORCL4;
*
ERROR at line 3:
ORA-06550: line 3, column 24:
PLS-00201: identifier 'ORCL4' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 3, column 9:
PL/SQL: Item ignored
ORA-06550: line 7, column 66:
PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is incomplete or malformed
ORA-06550: line 7, column 9:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Thanks,
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
277 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

disabling a button server-side then re-enabling client-side breaks button postback
I have a tabbed container and a button (not in the container) on a page. If the first tab is selecte

Call db table from any PHP file
Hi,

I want to be able to call a database table that will be setup in another file called init

How To Make More Than One Redirection with PHP on the same page?
Hey im trying to do a direction page where it open differently link direction pages every time som

getAlexaRank($url) function not working
I have made a function to get alexa rank
the site is here: http://mytestsite.rack111.com/1

Character increment
Hi,

I am facing a scenario like above,but in my case i want to show up like Col A,Col B etc..

[function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Okay I wrote this little script to upload a csv file that is located on my webhosts server to a mysq

Secure FTP
Hi experts,
There is no SFTP action in MII workbench.
This means it needs developing custo

extending tidy
I have problem with type-hinting and extending tidy. This code creates error:
Code: class cMyTidy

for some reason mysql query not working, not inserting, please check it out
This code is not inserting anything into my db, don't know why, the $_SESSION variable does contain

Stumped by Third Day of Month problem
I am trying to build an algorithm that will essentially do this:
Code: [Select]$this_month = Oct

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash