Grabbing Values From an Array for Posting

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a grid array that I am using with a form that when it hits the currently named test.php it logs in and grabs 3 coordinates (i.e. B1, D3, etc). which come back as XML fields "challenge1", "challenge2", and "challenge3" and then has to match up the value in the grid array and pass the correct value down to my post fields as "response1", "response2", "response3". However, nothing I'm trying will get the values out to then post. I'm sure my coding is wrong, but I cannot figure out the right syntax to make it work.

Here is part of my grid array:

$grid_array = array("A1" => "V", "A2" => "2", "A3" => "1", "A4" => "N", "A5" => "7", "B1" => "H", "B2" => "9", "B3" => "3", "B4" => "T", "B5" => "J", "C1" => "9", "C2" => "2", "C3" => "2", "C4" => "6", "C5" => "Y", "D1" => "N", "D2" => "1", "D3" => "R", "D4" => "8", "D5" => "K");

I tried coding this, which is completely wrong, but maybe I'm on to something at least?:

foreach ($grid_array as $key => $value) {
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge1'] = '$response1';
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge2'] = '$response2';
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge3'] = '$response3';
}

($xdoc1 is the XML return as a SimpleXMLElement, by the way)

But this returns an error of
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM

Am I at least on the right track? If not, any ideas on how I can code this to pull out the values that are returned from the first hit and have it pass the appropriate values to the second hit?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

I have a parse error in this query help..
Code: $query1="INSERT INTO `rating` (`item_name`, `rating`, `ip_address`, `date_rated`) VALUES

mail() says sent but no email received
My code is quite simple:

Code: <?php
$to = "Ty44ler@yahoo.com";
$subje

C - Reading a file into a byte array
Hi,

I'm trying to read a file into a byte array in C. I have to use C as this is for a loadru

$variable $variables type question
I need to be able to designate an array element dynamically, so I thought to use a variable variable

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

retrieving more than one max key from an array?
so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and th

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: [Select]blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all

mr8m - reverse document
Friends,

I'm trying to reverse a document held by MIRO, but it reports the message balan

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash