Help with Password Encoding/Decoding?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Trying to design a "change password" tool. On my signup code I'm using base64_encode, now I am trying to decode it on the change password screen and having issues. Yes I am very new to this.

I keep returning a fail response with this. Help?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

include("check_session.php");
include("online.php");
include("site.conf.php");
include("$base_dir/include/scTemplate.class.php");
include("$base_dir/include/timestamp.inc.php");
include("$base_dir/include/index.inc.php");
include("$base_dir/include/calendar.inc.php");
include("$base_dir/include/images.inc.php");


/****************************************************************
* open connection to mysql server *
****************************************************************/

$conn = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_password);
mysql_select_db($db_name, $conn);



$sql = "select id from tbl_pm_message ";
$sql .= "where (id_to='$user_id') and (status='online') and

(flag='1')";

$result = mysql_query($sql);
$new_message = mysql_num_rows($result);




if (($old_password == "") || ($password1 == "") || ($password2 == "") ||

($password1 != $password2)) {
$error = "upt01";
}

else {

$old_password = base64_decode($old_password);
$password1 = base64_encode($password1);
$password2 = base64_encode($password2);



$sql = "select id from tbl_user where (id='$user_id') and

(code='$user_code') and ";
$sql .= "('$old_password') ";

$result = mysql_query($sql);
$rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

if ($rows > 0) {





$sql = "update tbl_user set ('$password1'),

status='active' ";
$sql .= "where (id='$user_id') and (code='$user_code')

";

$result = mysql_query($sql);

if ($result) {
$error = "";
}
else {
$error = "upt02";
}
}
else {
$error = "upt03";
}
}

/****************************************************************
* generate page *
****************************************************************/

$tpl = new scTemplate("$templates_dir/password_result.html");
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_BANNER", show_banner());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_ADS", show_ads());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_MENU", show_menu(1));
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_LOGO", show_logo());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_RIGHTLOGO", show_rightlogo());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_SEARCH", show_search());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_NEWS", show_news());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_MEMBER", show_member());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_CALENDAR", show_calendar());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_BOTTOM", show_bottom());
$tpl->replace("SC_SI_COPYRIGHT", show_copyright());

$tpl->replace("SC_USERNAME", $user_name);
$tpl->replace("SC_NEW", $new_message);


if ($error == "") {
$tpl->replace("SC_RESULT", "OK");
}
else {
$tpl->replace("SC_RESULT", "Failed");
}

$tpl->write();

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
328 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Allegro crashes when running load_bitmap. Why?
I can not get Allegro to load any BMP images. Here is a section of test code. The picture is in the

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

Uploading Filetypes and placing them in seperate folders.
Hello,

first post , and asking for help im afraid. Very new to PHP, was making good progress

Ball movement
I want to move a ball from one point to another and it should hit a group of balls at the other end

URL Rewrite issue
Im created a series of Rewrites and on page checks to make sure the correct url is being called. But

Display data returned from Ajaxservices!!
I have a question about displaying results using ajax. I have part of the code below.
$.ajax({

FFmpeg Images 2 Video conversion problem ??
I got folder full of images , number of images = 600 , I want to make a video which plays one image

retrieving images from mysql database using php
So I've been trying to figure out how to store images in a mysql database, and as far as i can tell

restricting another login once you logout
Hello,

how can I restrict a page from login authenticating against info in a MySQL DB for a s

Adding to the next element in a multidimensional array
Hi, I'm trying to add a value to $node->field_spaces['nid'] where x is the next available spo

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash