Multiple Dropdown Selections

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a form that let's a user insert a page with the ability to select categories. I want them to have the ability to select multiple categories. I have a select drop down menu with the "multiple" attribute applied(<select name='category' multiple>).

My question is, how would I get the categories they selected and display them like below:
Quote1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The numbers are the ids of the categories, which is the value of the selections, and will be located in one column of the table that the current record is being created in.

Another question...

These categories are fetched from a database table(categories). The table that these records are being inserted to(pages) with this form has a column called pageID and a column called CategoryID. What I want to do is to have a page for a specific category that will fetch a list of all the pages that are under this category.

Example: a page has categories of 1, 3, and 5. The user is viewing category 5. The category page should contain a list of content pages from category five.

How would I create a query that would do this?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
322 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

help me, how to find text on an external html site using PHP
Would anyone know how to search an external html file for a work or phrase ?

I was thinking s

confused between ' ' and " "
there is a php i set:
$begin_date_query = mysql_query( "SELECT SUBDATE(due_date, INTERVAL $d

How to get exact 3 moths post date from today date using javascript
How to get exact 3 moths post date from today date using javascript
Please help

InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with erro

Table trouble
i have been reading the forum for a few weeks and decided to join. i like the format and the advice

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

sapgui f4 help last search
I know this has to be simople. One user (maybe more) does not have the "last search saved" from the

how to remove in php string display
My code is $message="We're looking at developing our website."; $body= "My mess

Detail Expenses Report by Cost Center
I would like to obtain a report out of SAP that shows a list of expenses by cost center that shows t

BIG file upload!
Hey guys!

I'm trying to upload a file, it works well with smaller files but with 60mb+, I get

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash