Linked Keywords


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am trying to get a script that makes my predefined keyword converted to links and / or converted to a certain color, size and so on... In one of the other threads Ive posted I got an answer I am a bit curious on, I'll just quote the answer, and hopefully some of you can help me with this.... see my answer below, and help If you want... I'll be forever grateful....

QuoteQuote from: Grayda on Today at 12:26:29 AM
I think I get it. You want certain words to be, say, red. And you want other words to be made in to a link? I think this should help:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.


Code:
<?php$mytext = "Buffalo with an aqualung";$mytext = str_replace("Buffalo", "<a href='buffalo.php'>Buffalo</a>", $mytext);$mytext = str_replace("aqualung", "<b>aqualung</b>", $mytext);echo $mytext

So when you run the script, Buffalo will be replaced with a link to buffalo.php and aqualung will be made bold.

That, of course, is the simple way to do it. You can get complex with regexes and whatnot, but if you're only doing a few things at a time, this is ideal.



bah.. Im still struggling with this... could anyone be helpful explaining to me how I can use this example in my site? I don't understand a thing, and probably shouldn't be messing with this kind of codes.. lol...

Before my text that needs to be converted I have three other pages included:

<?php include "../url/url.php"; ?>
<?php include "url.php"; ?>
<?php include "url/url.php"; ?>

These makes the top of my pages, and I was hoping that I could set the code in one of those so I don't have to copy&paste the script into every single page...

Don't I need any more script than those few lines?

Im desperate.... lol.... please help...
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
210 Like 51 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

MYSQL gen help
This is my Mysql gen. can anyone tell me why this echos

MID(networkset.networkid, 3, 3) AS &q

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

reading xml faster than DB call?
I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos

Basic Question Regarding PHP Includes
Hi

Just starting out with PHP.

Working on a site that uses some basic includes, these

MySql timezone
Code: $sql = "SELECT *, date_format(date, '%m/%d/%Y at %I:%i %p' )as date FROM comments WHERE t

How to add functionality to a simple php calender?
Hello everyone,

I have just finished creating a simple php calander. Can someone point

Calling All PHPFREAKS Blackberry Users
Are you a member of PHPFreaks and have a blackberry? Well RIM just recently released Blackberry Mes

Problem with the Update command used with a sqldataadapter
I'm connected to a database on an SQL Server and I'm using a sqldataadapter, sqlconnection, sqldatas

Php Mysql Page Loading Notice
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way (Sure there is) of showing a message or an image wh

Format timestamp from mysql
When I tried this:
Code: date("m/d/Y H:i A", $row['timestamp'])
I got 12/31/1969 18:

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash