Little problem with form insertion in MySQL, Please help!!!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi!,

I'm a little bit new with php and I have a little issue here. I created a webform to insert some infos into a MySQL database. The weird thing is that some of the infos is correctly inserted and some not? I doubled checked my code and can't find what it is since it's a pretty simple code. If anyone can help, it would be really appreciated!

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here the form code :

Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="fr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<link href="../../css/style1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<title>LVA ENTERTAINEMENT</title>
</head>
<center>
<br /><br />
<b>Ajout d'un Artiste L.V.A</b>


<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="processes/insert_artist.php" method="POST" target="main2">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" width="550">
<tr>
<td width="275">Nom de l'artiste : </td>
<td width="225"><input type="text" name="artist" class="login" style="width: 250px"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Label : </td>
<td><input type="text" name="label" class="login" value="L.V.A ENTERTAINMENT" style="width: 250px"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Site Web : </td>
<td><input type="text" name="website" class="login" style="width: 250px"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Albums : </td>
<td><input type="text" name="albums" class="login" style="width: 250px"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Photo 1 :</td>
<td><input type="file" name="uploadedfile" class="login" style="width: 250px"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Biographie :</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><textarea style="width: 550px" rows="15" class="login" name="bio"></textarea></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" height="40" align="right" valign="bottom"><input type="submit" value="Enregsitrer" class="login"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

And now here's the PHP code :
<?php
$target_path = "../artists photo/";

$target_path = $target_path . basename( $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']);

$picture = basename( $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']);

if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['uploadedfile']['tmp_name'], $target_path)) {
echo "<center><br /><br />votre photo $picture a été correctement enregistré</center>
";
} else{
echo "<center><br /><br />Il y a eu un problème avec l'instertion de votre photo</center>
";
}
?>
<?php
$con = mysql_connect("server","user","pass");

$artist = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['artist']);
$label = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['label']);
$website = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['website']);
$albums = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['albums']);
$photo = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['uploadedfile']);
$bio = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['bio']);


if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}mysql_select_db("a1808796_data", $con);$sql="INSERT INTO artists ( artist, label, website, albums, photo, bio)
VALUES
('$artist','$label','website','$albums','$photo','$bio')";if (!mysql_query($sql,$con))
{
die('Error: ' . mysql_error());
}

echo "<br /><br /><center>Votre artiste a correctement été ajouté à la base de donnée.<br /><br /><a href="panel.php" target="main2">Retour au paneau de contrôle</a></center>";
?>


As you can see I have artist, label, website, albums, photo, bio

the artist, label, albums and bio insterts correctly

"website" always inster "website" instead of the value posted in the form

the uploaded file (wich is a picture file) uploads correctly but the value ($photo) is not inserted into the DB....


If anyone sees the problem please help!!!!!

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
65 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

turning an array into a string then poping it into a db
Hi im just wondering how you get a requested array into a single string then pop it into the db so f

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

Passing variables with pagination - iterating through unique id per link
Hi everyone,
I have seen a few topics like this one. Still cant find the specific thing, so I am

How to calculate days from variable date?
This will be easy for one of you gurus. I want to fetch the date from a variable date, for example:<

Line break?
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to php. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology so here i

Php - mysql store data and use it later?
Hi, i' making a login page at the moment, however my username + password is stored many different pl

PHP error. Need help urgently
Hi,

I am programming a php site and have a problem that i just cant find out how to fix. When

Print 'a' to 'z' via for loop
A very simple problem..
How Can I print a to z NOT a to y ?
It is a part of a code where
<

How to show a complete textarea ??
I enter Client Case Notes notes in a textarea field on a PHP form. The field is 5 rows deep and 70 c

Place specific image in html page when specific name is typed.
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash